Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: The She Beast Bible...

Re: The She Beast Bible...

i hear u on bjj i trained mma for 3 yrs and my left knee hurts sometimes after i do legs...

Quote Originally Posted by bionic redneck View Post
    i hear u on bjj i trained mma for 3 yrs and my left knee hurts sometimes after i do legs...
    The two sports don't really go hand in hand but I refuse to stop either so somethings always hurting. Just comes with the territory.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

i hear u, thats why i stretch alot... and take glucosimine etc for my joints

Quote Originally Posted by bionic redneck View Post
    i hear u, thats why i stretch alot... and take glucosimine etc for my joints
    Stretch, foam roll, roll on a lacross ball, ice baths, and contrast showers.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    I have a lot of nagging injuries as well from BJJ and other sports. I'm probably going to pick up a slingshot and incorporate that into my training so I can start pushing bench again.
    I hear ya! I use the sling shot about every 3 weeks or so in my bench training. I also have the Mad Dog double ply version. Ive hit a nice 500 with it after my heavy raw work. But normally just use the regular red version and work up to 450 or so. About 30 - 40 lbs overload for me!

Quote Originally Posted by OldGoat View Post
    I hear ya! I use the sling shot about every 3 weeks or so in my bench training. I also have the Mad Dog double ply version. Ive hit a nice 500 with it after my heavy raw work. But normally just use the regular red version and work up to 450 or so. About 30 - 40 lbs overload for me!
    I've been on the fence about getting one of those......can you use them without a training partner.....like unrack and rack the weight?

Post in my thread in the strength training section and we'll work on it together. One thing that'll help me identify your issues would be a video of you squatting.

You may have hip, knee, ankle mobility issues. You may need to tweak your technique. You could have a weak link in your posterior chain.
    That would be awesome.......thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Elbutcho View Post
    I've been on the fence about getting one of those......can you use them without a training partner.....like unrack and rack the weight?
    On the lighter stuff, yes, but in safety's sake, any of your heavier stuff you should use a lift off. Your shoulders take a beating unracking your 80-100% range. So when you have the slinger on for overload, its even worse. Just grab someone in your gym that seems like they can help!

Quote Originally Posted by Elbutcho View Post
    You want a lift off anyways when you're lifting relatively heavy so you can keep your arch and your shoulders back when you bench. When you bring the bar out you loosen up and lose your tightness.

You want a lift off anyways when you're lifting relatively heavy so you can keep your arch and your shoulders back when you bench. When you bring the bar out you loosen up and lose your tightness.
    Yes ma'am!