Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The She Beast Bible...

The She Beast Bible...

The long awaited arrival of my training journal is finally over. My program is a combination of the slow lifts (Deadlift, Squat, and Bench) as well as the fast lifts (Olympic lifts and Oly assisting lifts). I incorporate chains and bands in my training to. For now, my training is just to get me back in the swing of things b/c I was out of the gym for a 3 or so months during the summer. I'll start pushing it in Dec/Jan.

You'll be able to see what I'm doing every week from lifting, conditioning, BJJ, etc. Since this is still my competition season for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu I may miss a workout here and there. No Gi Worlds is in 2 weeks.

This journal is interesting because I'm a 2 sport athlete and compete at a high level in both so you'll get to see how I manage things and try to train both at the same time without overtraining or just getting burnt out.

Today was a light pull day and here's what I did:

Snatch High Pulls (Med Blocks): 175lbsX2, x2, x2, x2, x2

Deadlift (conventional): 275lbsX5, 315lbsX5, 355lbsX5

Seated Good Morning: 135lbsX5, 155lbsX5, 175lbsX5, 195lbsX5

Low Cable Row: 170lbsX8, 200lbsX8, 220lbsX8, 240lbsX8

Hammer Curl: 40lbsX10, 50lbsX10, x10
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Re: The She Beast Bible...

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    The long awaited arrival of my training journal is finally over. My program is a combination of the slow lifts (Deadlift, Squat, and Bench) as well as the fast lifts (Olympic lifts and Oly assisting lifts). I incorporate chains and bands in my training to. For now, my training is just to get me back in the swing of things b/c I was out of the gym for a 3 or so months during the summer. I'll start pushing it in Dec/Jan.

You'll be able to see what I'm doing every week from lifting, conditioning, BJJ, etc. Since this is still my competition season for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu I may miss a workout here and there. No Gi Worlds is in 2 weeks.

This journal is interesting because I'm a 2 sport athlete and compete at a high level in both so you'll get to see how I manage things and try to train both at the same time without overtraining or just getting burnt out.

Today was a light pull day and here's what I did:

Snatch High Pulls (Med Blocks): 175lbsX2, x2, x2, x2, x2

Deadlift (conventional): 275lbsX5, 315lbsX5, 355lbsX5

Seated Good Morning: 135lbsX5, 155lbsX5, 175lbsX5, 195lbsX5

Low Cable Row: 170lbsX8, 200lbsX8, 220lbsX8, 240lbsX8

Hammer Curl: 40lbsX10, 50lbsX10, x10

If your doing seated good mornings you have great flexibility on top of strength.

V.I.P.

To be honest, I have never seen a seated good morning. I incorporate standing good mornings in every leg session.

Seated Good Mornings are just a variation. It does a good job of isolating the lower back and taking the hamstrings out of the movement. It's quite popular with Olympic weightlifters as well as powerlifters.

Give them a try sometime and I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by kazman68 View Post
    If your doing seated good mornings you have great flexibility on top of strength.
    Don't forget my other sport, BJJ. BJJ requires a great deal of flexibility to be successful. It's a fine line I walk working on strength while trying not to sacrifice flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    Don't forget my other sport, BJJ. BJJ requires a great deal of flexibility to be successful. It's a fine line I walk working on strength while trying not to sacrifice flexibility.
    I agree..Iv;e always tried to maintain my flexibility on top of being powerful(at least while younger )...a bit hard but so many benefits, I never practiced BJJ, but was involved in boxing as a kid, and later some martial arts..

Trained Gi BJJ at Noon today for 2 hours and I'll be going back at 7:00pm to train No Gi for an hour. Just getting a little more mat time before I head out to No Gi Worlds.
    Last edited by SisterSteel; 10-23-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Yesterday I rolled at noon and trained after. I cut my workout short but got in and did what I needed to do. I did Power Cleans and Push Presses.

This morning I trained BJJ at 7am.

I'm focusing on my BJJ right now because I have No Gi Worlds next week.

Best of luck to you..Although I doubt you will need any 'luck'.

I missed a training session this week due to getting some extra BJJ training sessions in. I wasn't able to train Legs this week and I'll miss it again next week. I'll be in Cali on Friday and I need to rest up for No Gi Worlds. When I get back I won't be missing days.

I'm also going to change my training a bit after No Gi Worlds. I'll be focusing on my Gi training b/c the No Gi season will be over.

After No Gi Worlds, I'm going to sit down and start laying out my tourneys and a Meet for next year. Than I can create my plan of attack so I don't overdo it. Training for 2 sports at the same time is difficult but can be done if you plan ahead.
    Last edited by SisterSteel; 10-28-2012 at 10:18 AM.