Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Being a Pro BB

Being a Pro BB

Here comes another long winded post, I don't know how many guys have turning pro as a goal.When I was younger I wanted to be an IFBB pro with all my heart, I had no clue what really goes on at that level..As I climbed the ranks from local,state,regional, and finally Nat;l events I began to see the dark side. I saw and heard things I couldn't believe, I met a lot of pro's back then I was friends with Porter Cottrel and Mike Francois(both class acts) and communicated with them now and then. At Natl events I began to to really get the picture. Pro BB is so much more than meets the eye, Cocanie,Nubain abuse, gay for pay, Depriving yourself of everything just to get the $ you need for drugs. Kai Green didn't have a car or phone,and lived in a shit hole, every penny went to food and drugs, he even allowed himself to be filmed fucking a grapefruit. The prize money is a joke. A pro bowler would make more, most guys make just enough to cover the cost of drugs. Like a crack addict they will do anything to get $. I'm not knocking BB but the politics are fucking sick. Look at Dave Palumbo (very smart guy) He has destroyed his body hence the term "Palumboism" look at Kovacs same thing. Guys have died at or after shows. Anthony D'arezzo died the night before natl's in his hotel room, the next day at the competitors meeting, They said he looked lean, dry, and healthy..LOL healthy yah right, you feel like shit the day of a show at that level. I'm not knocking BB and especially not aas. But if anyone told me they wanted to be a pro, I would beg them to rethink, the list of premature deaths in BB is mind blowing, most of these guys don't get regular checkups and die of a heart complication. (my pet peeve guys always get regular bp checks) Pro BB isn't all it's cracked up to be, only the very top elite guys make money. You have to be marketable. The amount of money the supplement company's make vs. the amount they get paid for shows or endorsements is a fucking joke. I was never really a fan of Nasser El Sonbaty's physique but I respect the hell out of him for telling like it is. Here is an example of what he endured pre-contest :"Sometimes when I used Esiclene in the hotel room, I took a chair to the mirror and Birgit and her friends had already drawn the Esiclene into the syringes with long needles. I was just sitting there and got hit every couple of seconds for sometimes 30 to 45 minutes straight. Sometimes the girls had to stop injecting because I was just bleeding all over the place out of these holes. So, with paper tissues they had to make the blood discontinue, otherwise when it dried it looked terrible over the third or fourth coat of pro tan. After these sessions, which sometimes lasted even over 60 minutes, I had to go to bed because I was more than dizzy and I once even passed out in the chair in my hotel room and had to be dragged to my bed" If you've' managed to read all of this and want more here's a link to Nasser's interviews very eye opening, anyone who has a goal of turning pro should read this :http://hugenasser.com/interview/ like I said nothing against aas use and getting big and shredded but trying to turn pro please reconsider. (sorry for the long ass post) /rant off
    Last edited by kazman68; 10-26-2012 at 08:56 PM.

Re: Being a Pro BB

good post bro.......everybody thinks of the 2%-3% of the guys who actually make it, they dont realize it aint all glamour and glitz. A very good friend of mine was Mr Michigan many many years ago.....went to California to turn pro and train with "the best", the "best" did nothing but get him hooked on drugs and fuck up his body. He's still recovering after 15 years back.

V.I.P.

I am a fan of Lee Priest (I know its not his real name) and went to the Arnold to meet him. I was the only one who was in line to get his photo and autograph, Thats sad. While I was there I talked to him for awhile. I found out that I made more money than he did at that time and had for several years. Im only an industrial electricial at an aluminum plant. He was one of the top guys, IMHO, in the IFBB. Thats sad. The more I think about it the more I dont get it. These guys are the best in the world and have a hard time even supporting themselves. Dont get the wrong Idea though I have been lifting weights and in good enough shape to win contests, I wouldnt do it any other way, but the money just isnt there, It should be but it isnt. So I do my thing in the gym and keep my day job so that I can have a happy life, and a family. If you want to do the contest thing think long and hard about it. Then talk to the ones that have. I agree with Kazman. You might not like what you find out but one thing is a fact. If you do this you will be on the same road as everyone else and you will have to deal with the same stuff they have, no exceptions.

I think many of us have stories that would make many think twice before chasing that dream of turning pro. I've seen sponsors hook women on rec drugs and pimp them out. I've seen judges demand sexual favors for favorable placings at shows. The list is pretty long but I'm sure you get the idea. It's a very dirty sport and many get chewed up and spat out before they ever even accomplish anything.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    I think many of us have stories that would make many think twice before chasing that dream of turning pro. I've seen sponsors hook women on rec drugs and pimp them out. I've seen judges demand sexual favors for favorable placings at shows. The list is pretty long but I'm sure you get the idea. It's a very dirty sport and many get chewed up and spat out before they ever even accomplish anything.
    So true...nothing wrong with competing it's fun, and exciting. But killing yourself, or selling your soul so to speak isn't worth it imho.

About Lee Priest, I admire his physique, but he one of the worst if not the worst liar about his aas use. Says he dosn;;t use test. Here is a offseason mass builder so he claims.

" Offseason I don't take much I rely more on food and heavy training. I'd normally go maybe 5 months before I'd do another course in the offseason. Then I'd just take the basics like DECA, 2 cc's of DECA, 2 CC'S OF PR1MOBOLAN for 8 weeks then I'm off of it for 3 months before 1 do something else."

BULLSHIT!

Quote Originally Posted by kazman68 View Post
    So true...nothing wrong with competing it's fun, and exciting. But killing yourself, or selling your soul so to speak isn't worth it imho.

About Lee Priest, I admire his physique, but he one of the worst if not the worst liar about his aas use. Says he dosn;;t use test. Here is a offseason mass builder so he claims.

" Offseason I don't take much I rely more on food and heavy training. I'd normally go maybe 5 months before I'd do another course in the offseason. Then I'd just take the basics like DECA, 2 cc's of DECA, 2 CC'S OF PR1MOBOLAN for 8 weeks then I'm off of it for 3 months before 1 do something else."

BULLSHIT!
    I agree about priest. For his height he had a stellar physique. His height is what kills him though.

I read that same interview. "2cc deca and a toddlers dose of primo".......Lmfao!!

The guy who got me really going at BB told me it straight ages ago. It truly is the ugly story u depict and worse.

this video sums it up so well lmao!
    http://youtu.be/6CrLECXeBBQ
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    I agree about priest. For his height he had a stellar physique. His height is what kills him though.

I read that same interview. "2cc deca and a toddlers dose of primo".......Lmfao!!

The guy who got me really going at BB told me it straight ages ago. It truly is the ugly story u depict and worse.

this video sums it up so well lmao!
    http://youtu.be/6CrLECXeBBQ
    I'm glad I had the Riednger's to clue me in , I was contacted to do an underwear ad. When I told Roger he said "whoa whoa" that's; when I learned what was really happening and what it was leading up to...I was naive, I registered at a legit modeling agency and thought this was on the up and up..it was some private pervert posing as a photographer for a 'company' wanted to take personal shots..you know where I'm going...Sad some of the guys go through with it..those that are very desperate and/or drug addicted.

Great post man. I was walking down this journey to and learned real fast what you will have to physically and mentally sacrifice to get to the level you want to be at. Now I am just enjoying getting lean and big and be able to walk around feeling like a shredded grizzly bear. No one messes with me. LOL.
    When I die I want to be called a friend or family member by everyone I came into contact with!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisotpherm View Post
    Great post man. I was walking down this journey to and learned real fast what you will have to physically and mentally sacrifice to get to the level you want to be at. Now I am just enjoying getting lean and big and be able to walk around feeling like a shredded grizzly bear. No one messes with me. LOL.
    I love it!!! and your probably much happier and healthier you didn't go down that route..I know I am.

Now let me tell you about 2 of the top BB in the world that are very close friends of mine. Flex Lewis and Brandon curry who both reside in the same town.they do not take large amounts of drugs. Some of the cycles on here are double what they'd use. Brandon is a very family oriented man with a wife and 2 sons. One a new born. They are well respected at home and afar. They have aesthetically pleasing physiques also. Some of the people you spoke of, well really all of then besides Porter and Mike which I knew very well, have challenging physiques and resorted to excessive drugs to overcompensate for poor genetics. I too spoke personally to Nasser and yes he was crazy!! Most guys u talked about were from an era 20+ years ago. That madness doesn't go on nearly as much now. I've worked with many pro's the last 10 years and I don't see it happening anymore like in the 80's and early 90's. look at the Olympia this year. Show me 1 guy you can say used Synthol? I know some do but you can't tell. Times have changed tremendously. Pro BB today IS NOT like that of the 80's and 90's!!