Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Being a Pro BB

Kaz best way to become a judge is start with the first BB show of the year and test judge. Most of the time you can go to prejudging and tell the head judge you want to test judge. You will sit behind the judges and score on the same sheets as the judges. You must score 80% or higher in 2 local shows and then the state show. Once you've done that then u qualify to judge. My advice would be to contact the state chairman and let him know your available before each show months in advance. Pester him. Get to know your promotors. Not a bad gig because you get a free hotel and food. The best seat in the house and I've been paid as much as $150 for a show. My wife is a judge also and we cleared $300 for 1 show. Since me and the chairman came in together I get first dibs at most shows but we spread the wealth. I've judged 4 shows in my state in one year but that's a lot of traveling also.

Re: Being a Pro BB

Quote Originally Posted by Fit Guru View Post
    Kaz best way to become a judge is start with the first BB show of the year and test judge. Most of the time you can go to prejudging and tell the head judge you want to test judge. You will sit behind the judges and score on the same sheets as the judges. You must score 80% or higher in 2 local shows and then the state show. Once you've done that then u qualify to judge. My advice would be to contact the state chairman and let him know your available before each show months in advance. Pester him. Get to know your promotors. Not a bad gig because you get a free hotel and food. The best seat in the house and I've been paid as much as $150 for a show. My wife is a judge also and we cleared $300 for 1 show. Since me and the chairman came in together I get first dibs at most shows but we spread the wealth. I've judged 4 shows in my state in one year but that's a lot of traveling also.

Thank you, I was going to pm you about how and where to start, but you answered my question very well.

Your welcome. It's a blast. What I like is looking forward to seeing people that u only see once or twice a year.

V.I.P.
    This is the reason I love this so much like ss said we are all adults here able to discuss and debate without any flaming name calling or negging
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]