Thread: Bench shirts

Bench shirts

What's your opinion on these new bench 'shirts' I used to use an Inzer and I gained maybe 30-40# on my bench nowadays I hear these shirts add hundreds of pounds, the Bench record has skyrocketed, in the last few years (assisted) while the raw record hasn't changed all that much..

Re: Bench shirts

Quote Originally Posted by kazman68 View Post
    What's your opinion on these new bench 'shirts' I used to use an Inzer and I gained maybe 30-40# on my bench nowadays I hear these shirts add hundreds of pounds, the Bench record has skyrocketed, in the last few years (assisted) while the raw record hasn't changed all that much..
    I'm not a fan of multi ply anything. I don't think there is anything wrong with single ply b/c it provides the lifter with a safer environment to handle the heavy weights but multi ply suits, briefs, shirts which add hundreds to your lift is ridiculous. At the end of the day it becomes more about who can get the most out of their gear and less about who's the strongest. This is also why I compete raw.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

We may see the WR Raw Bench fall in just a week. Eric Spoto will be attempting to break that record and everyone can watch it live on the web. Supertraining will be streaming the whole meet.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Spoto has great technique and a great chance to break the raw record.

Using a bench shirt is less about the shirt and more about the technique. Kaz next time you have the shirt on pull it down so its really tight, wet it a little bit, grip the bar as wide as posssible to shorten the disctance between the bar and your chest. Next arch high, pull your elbows close to your body and roll your wrists back to gain an 1-2 closer. Lower the bar, at some point the transfer will be more of a pulling the bar down if you get the shirt set right and push up hard. I always figure if you can bench it off of a 4 board your good for it in a shirt if you have it down right.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by mugzy View Post
    Spoto has great technique and a great chance to break the raw record.

Using a bench shirt is less about the shirt and more about the technique. Kaz next time you have the shirt on pull it down so its really tight, wet it a little bit, grip the bar as wide as posssible to shorten the disctance between the bar and your chest. Next arch high, pull your elbows close to your body and roll your wrists back to gain an 1-2 closer. Lower the bar, at some point the transfer will be more of a pulling the bar down if you get the shirt set right and push up hard. I always figure if you can bench it off of a 4 board your good for it in a shirt if you have it down right.

Good luck
    Thanks for the input, I don't powerlift anymore, was just making a reference to what we used to use (single ply Inzer) vs these multi ply "shirts' that add hundreds of #. Personally I thinks it's bs. I admire a raw lift or even a single ply 700# bench vs a 1000# multi ply carbon fiber spacesuit called a bench shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by kazman68 View Post
    Thanks for the input, I don't powerlift anymore, was just making a reference to what we used to use (single ply Inzer) vs these multi ply "shirts' that add hundreds of #. Personally I thinks it's bs. I admire a raw lift or even a single ply 700# bench vs a 1000# multi ply carbon fiber spacesuit called a bench shirt.
    I don't powerlift anymore myself but I purchased a inzer single ply shirt if I want to train heavy just for the added protection....haven't used it because it takes another to get the thing on and I really don't have a training partner so......dunno If I'll even use it......