Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just squated 4 Plates!!

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    Not sure why they are called Bulgarian Split Squats b/c the Bulgarian Oly Team doesn't do them. Their whole program is comprised of only 6 lifts. They may call it that b/c back in the 80's Abadjiev (the national coach) released a lot of misinformation to the world so no one would know what his Olympic weightlifting team was doing.
    I have no idea. This is what I've always called them. Don't remember where I learned them.

Re: Just squated 4 Plates!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fit Guru View Post
    I have no idea. This is what I've always called them. Don't remember where I learned them.
    I'd be willing that Ivan A. put it out in the 80's when he was releasing all the misinformation to the world. Just a history lesson for those who don't know who Ivan Abadjiev is.... he was the National Bulgarian Oly coach and took them from last to first in just a decade. His team also had all the WR's back in the 80's. They actually changed all the weight classes to change the WR numbers. Most say that was done b/c it was widely known that he had his lifters use heavy doses of AAS to be able to handle the rigorous 2x a day, 6x week training sessions that lasted 6-8hrs each day.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Hey whatever they're called or where they came from I can't sit on the toilet today!

Quote Originally Posted by Fit Guru View Post
    Hey whatever they're called or where they came from I can't sit on the toilet today!
    That's all that matters.... is that they work.

Another great Oly assisting lift is RDL's with a snatch grip (very very wide grip). That will increase your ROM and also hit your lats a bit because they help stabilize the bar with the wider hand grip.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Weren't they called Romanian deadlifts as well, when using a barbell? I personally have grown found of using the dumbbells lately.

V.I.P.

I say what ever works, thats the ticket! I do what Id call old school Hack Squats with the bar behind my legs and squat down till the plates touch the floor and back up. lol I get a lot of strange looks but it helps me keep my back strait. I sometimes do box squats too. It helps me get the legs down where they need to be. Yes I do pause at the bottom. I have also done regular squats at the 20 rep per set deal. It freaks the young guys out, lol.
    405 for 10 is a lot of work! But the results will be amazing. You did a great job there.

Quote Originally Posted by kazman68 View Post
    Weren't they called Romanian deadlifts as well, when using a barbell? I personally have grown found of using the dumbbells lately.
    Romania, Bulgaria ? Aren't they all the same? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by red crayon View Post
    I say what ever works, thats the ticket! I do what Id call old school Hack Squats with the bar behind my legs and squat down till the plates touch the floor and back up. lol I get a lot of strange looks but it helps me keep my back strait. I sometimes do box squats too. It helps me get the legs down where they need to be. Yes I do pause at the bottom. I have also done regular squats at the 20 rep per set deal. It freaks the young guys out, lol.
    405 for 10 is a lot of work! But the results will be amazing. You did a great job there.
    Yup, done the old school barbell hacks..they work..I had a situation where I had to work out at home with limited equipment, and these where a staple in my leg routine, also do sissy squats sometimes..people also look at me when I do deep stretch's between sets then do iso-tension, instead of gabbing after a set. FitG I don't know there all eastern bloc's so who knows who came up with them first...

Quote Originally Posted by red crayon View Post
    You should try that movement using 25lbs plates and put a 1x4 under your heels. That will make your quads shake like a leaf in the wind. You can also use a cambered bar to and that'll make performing the lift a lot easier in terms of comfort.

so can you move today. I bet your ass feels like someone donkey kicked it!!