Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Doing my 1st show

Doing my 1st show

Doing my 1st show on may 5th. NPC Battle of the bodies in Tulsa, OK. I think it'll be a cool experience. I got a buddy entering also. Any advice or pointers for me brothers ? I need some brotherly motivation!

Contest prep is what I do for a living. I've trained novice , national level and Pro bodybuilders and figure,bikini and physique. PM me!

Re: Doing my 1st show

What's your pre-contest diet look like? You working with a nutritionist? ( I would suggest it).Go easy on the cardio at first, let the diet and training work for you, increase cardio only if needed. Get everything you need as soon as possible to make sure your ready, posing trunks, choice of tanning dyes, read as much as you can. Are you going to carb deplete/carb or fat load? What about sodium loading/depleting, potassium loading etc...Are you going to use a diuretic (make sure you know what your doing here,guys have died from this) or like Paul Dillet locked up on stage and had to be carried off..so much goes into getting ready for a show, may just want to keep it simple the first time, and learn as you go, your also going to want to switch to distilled water a few days before, Fit and I may be able to help you here, I guess it depends on how serious you want to get. As I said may want to keep it simple and if you decide to keep doing it learn the more inner workings, sorry I wasn't trying to overwhelm you, but guys don't realize how much you have to do to 'peak' for that day. If I said anything you already know about I'm sorry, don't know how much you know about contest prep.

V.I.P.

lol damn. Please keep us posted on your progress bro, subbed!

Kaz you just confused the Hell out of that Boy!! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fit Guru View Post
    Lol.. Kaz just spewed out years of knowlede in a handful of sentences. My brain went on overload just trying to read it!!
    Check Out "The Lunchbox" Past, Present and Future Life Log!!

http://www.musclecoalition.org/showt...nto-the-Future

Lol.. I know. No offense Kaz. I know where your coming from. Keep it simple! Lol

*brain overloaded * lol figured I'd email fit have him help . Figured I'd keep it simple and learn. Kaz your a fuckin knowledge monster

He's been around the block a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Fit Guru View Post
    I kind of realized that after I posted..sorry, guys just don't realize how much goes into contest prep..I've stayed with guys at their house for the last few days before a show, to fine tune them as much as possible, it;s hard especially the first time. One guy (like Dorian) can eat a shit ton of carbs, when loading, other guys get too much and they spill over holding a film of water under their skin. If you've got Fit your in good hands, but if you ever have questions, you can hit me up as well..good luck and have fun! First time hitting that stage is a rush, the lights are so bright you can't see into the audience. Practice your posing and remember you won't have a mirror to go by onstage. I always went for the X let them come to me, I was the one to beat. Fit will understand

Also pick music that suits your posing style/routine, Metallica "wherever I may roam" was a favorite because of the slow intro, I would come onstage after the music began to roll, sorry showing my age and babbling again..sigh
    Last edited by kazman68; 11-14-2012 at 08:02 PM.