Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renegade diet or intermittent fasting?

Renegade diet or intermittent fasting?

What do you think of these types of diets. Typically the renengadr involved smashing loads of food after the fasting period. Think its similar to IF.

I don't believe in either one. They are fad diets and everyone is like sheep they just follow the leader. It's insane and not very logical to starve your muscles then hope to over compensate later. A steady diet whether it be a low carb or a low fat diet over a period of time is always better.

Re: Renegade diet or intermittent fasting?

Quote Originally Posted by Fit Guru View Post
    I don't believe in either one. They are fad diets and everyone is like sheep they just follow the leader. It's insane and not very logical to starve your muscles then hope to over compensate later. A steady diet whether it be a low carb or a low fat diet over a period of time is always better.
    Have to agree 100%!

Quote Originally Posted by Fit Guru View Post
    IF is definitely legit. The problem a lot of people have with it is they have run a regular diet for so long the body doesn't know how to enter fasting state effectively (so the body continues with gluconeogenesis aka protein catabolism to feed the brain glucose). The goal is to switch some of the brain and heart's energy needs over to ketone bodies which are from the breakdown of fat. MCT oil helps start this process.

When a cell's energy reserves are low, AMPK is activated. AMPK is a sensor when ATP:ADP levels become skewed (from doing repetitions), or if the body is in starvation. AMPK tells the muscle cell to stop anabolic behavior (IE the mTOR protein synthesis pathway) and switch to survival mode which switches over to fat oxidation. Testosterone helps in this situation as it keeps AKT (cell survival signal) active so the cell doesn't die.

The more cells in AMPK, the more fat is utilized as an energy source. Insulin is the flip side, it inhibits fat oxidation and starts anabolic cell behavior.

Here's what intermittent fasting does to AMPK and mTOR (think of the y axis as the # of cells in mTOR, or AMPK)

Here's a good series on intermittent fasting and how it relates to AMPK, mTOR, muscle building and fat oxidation

http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2011...ermittent.html
    http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2011...ittent_25.html
    http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2011...ittent_09.html
    http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2011...ittent_23.html

Although I should say that for purely bulking, eating every 2-3hr is the best. It keeps mTOR going 24/7 (or close to it).

IF or an adaptation is best for living longer, immune system benefits, cancer prevention (AMPK allows cancer cells to die, mTOR is a driver of cancer), and fat oxidation

V.I.P.
    I think if is insane... Y starve your body like that... I'm reading threads on guys trying to use it to bulk and they wonder weigh they are losing weight and strength
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My best rests and what I see work best l er and over and over is traditional bodybuilder eat constantly clean food calorie control.

Period.

I think people resist it so much because there's no " and during this magical portal gateway opening time period hiu can eat whatever you want!!!!!!"

Fad diets are just that fads. I get people in their best possible shape my tried and true diets. Just look at my clients in the Transformation contest. Already seeing crazy results in a short time. If anyone would care to jump in the contest on one of these diets and see how u do go for it! We've put our money where our mouth is so put yours! Jump on in!!

Quote Originally Posted by AgentYes View Post
    My best rests and what I see work best l er and over and over is traditional bodybuilder eat constantly clean food calorie control.

Period.

I think people resist it so much because there's no " and during this magical portal gateway opening time period hiu can eat whatever you want!!!!!!"
    Holy typos lol. I swear I speak human in real life.

My best success and what I see work over and over

Quote Originally Posted by AgentYes View Post
    Holy typos lol. I swear I speak human in real life.

My best success and what I see work over and over
    I just assumes you didn't speak English. I don't judge