Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Insanity

HEAD MC MOD - SUPER VIP - Foundation Member - Leader of The Wolf Pack Motherf@#$%ers! ordawg1's Avatar

Insanity

anybody here try that workout ? Looks to be a real bitch-but also looks to be decent.I am a big guy-but LOVE crazy ass cardio /circut type of routines.Am too damn old to get monster big again-but insane cardio really makes me feel GREAT !!I actually did Zumba classes with the bride and was great.Sounds kind of gay-but lots of pussy to look at and that inspires the hell out of this old dawg LOL.Any of you guys/gals do crazy ass cardio routines ?Thanks-OD

V.I.P.
    Insanity IMO is good... My wife was doing it with two of her friends before the whole baby thing... It's very intense and really produces results
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I like to do 36"box jumps and jumprope supersets. I usually do 8 sets of 15 box jumps with 200 rotations on the rope. That beats my ass!

I did P90X years ago, very comparable to insanity. I dropped a ton of weight bro. Didn't get Tony Horton ripped though. At that time i was really over weight an prior to the gym an AAS. It works man, hard as shit though!! Dropped a lot fat fast an felt really good. If I tried to do it again, id prob pass out lol. The plyometrics was no joke too. It's like the Richard Simons of cardio. 😆

Re: Insanity

It looks to be a good program..I love that red-head lady on the commercial sexy...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HEAD MC MOD - SUPER VIP - Foundation Member - Leader of The Wolf Pack Motherf@#$%ers! ordawg1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kazman68 View Post
    It looks to be a good program..I love that red-head lady on the commercial sexy...
    I'll have to check out that red head. Just something about redheads that make me go wild .To be honest-I like most all women lol-OD

It's all good. The best type of cardio is the type you're most willing to do IMO.

I'm currently doing my Triple 3 in preparation for climbing season and a tough mudder in June:

Sets of 20
    3 sets
    No rest between lifts, 3 min rest between each circuit.

Squats-bench-row

Step ups-lunges-dips

Shoulder press-heel raises-pull ups

3 days/week I do an hour of cardio and abs.

This workout is an absolute killer. Going from 20 squats to 20 bench and then 20 rows w no rest is insane. Once I get 20 on all 3 sets, I raise the weight.
    Credentials:
    Masters Degree-Exercise Physiology
    Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist-ACSM

Quote Originally Posted by exphys88 View Post
    It's all good. The best type of cardio is the type you're most willing to do IMO.

I'm currently doing my Triple 3 in preparation for climbing season and a tough mudder in June:

Sets of 20
    3 sets

Squats-bench-row

Step ups-lunges-dips

This workout is an absolute killer. Going from 20 squats to 20 bench and then 20 rows w no rest is insane. Once I get 20 on all 3 sets, I raise the weight.
    Your doing a "tough muddier"? We just had one. My friends just had a bunch of pics. I didn't go

Quote Originally Posted by Fit Guru View Post
    Your doing a "tough muddier"? We just had one. My friends just had a bunch of pics. I didn't go
    Yep, June of next year. This is the time of year that I'm in the best shape because of mountaineering.

Although I'm fat by bb standards I'm very fit cardiovascular wise. I have passed so many climbers at 13,000 ft and know they're thinking, "how the hell did that guy just pass me?"
    I train smart and hard, but I know if I don't drop my bf down, some of the obstacles will be too tough for me.
    Credentials:
    Masters Degree-Exercise Physiology
    Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist-ACSM

Quote Originally Posted by exphys88 View Post

Sets of 20
    3 sets

Squats-bench-row

Step ups-lunges-dips

That is one great workout IMO.I did your other workout for 3 months and was awesome. I had to tweak a bit-but my cardio for climbing-hiking -rafting was stellar.
    What compounds are you using to prepare for mudder ? OD