Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Insanity

Quote Originally Posted by ordawg1 View Post
    That is one great workout IMO.I did your other workout for 3 months and was awesome. I had to tweak a bit-but my cardio for climbing-hiking -rafting was stellar.
    What compounds are you using to prepare for mudder ? OD
    Just test and mast. 500 test, 450 mast for 3 months, then cruise on 300 mg test up to race day. All AP gear.
    Last edited by exphys88; 12-06-2012 at 04:48 PM.
    Credentials:
    Masters Degree-Exercise Physiology
    Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist-ACSM

Re: Insanity

I'll have to check out that red head. Just something about redheads that make me go wild .To be honest-I like most all women lol-OD
    I hear you brother!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HEAD MC MOD - SUPER VIP - Foundation Member - Leader of The Wolf Pack Motherf@#$%ers! ordawg1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exphys88 View Post
    Just test and mast. 500 test, 450 mast for 3 months, then cruise on 300 mg test up to race day. All AP gear.
    PERFECT !! Where do you hit at 7 out on 300mg ? I am guessing pretty high and you are using an AI ? Thanks-OD

PERFECT !! Where do you hit at 7 out on 300mg ? I am guessing pretty high and you are using an AI ? Thanks-OD
    That puts me at 1000-1100-7 days out. Estrogen stays around 30 w/o an AI.
    Credentials:
    Masters Degree-Exercise Physiology
    Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist-ACSM

HEAD MC MOD - SUPER VIP - Foundation Member - Leader of The Wolf Pack Motherf@#$%ers! ordawg1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exphys88 View Post
    That puts me at 1000-1100-7 days out. Estrogen stays around 30 w/o an AI.
    PERFECT-those are great numbers-OD

I tried insanity for a few weeks, good stuff. I wouldn't run that program all by itself, too much plyo and not enough anything else. I wish they did a rotation of exercises in the video (still keeping it cardio). Will kill your ankles in 2 weeks or less. I like to use it 1x a week when I'm not playing basketball. (in addition to a std weight lifting progrm). When I do insanity (though I only have the trial disk), I usually follow them through the warmup, then when they go back to the ply, I do situps and alternate between what they do and situps/pushups.

I run in the woods and play a fair amount of basketball and insanity still ruins my ankles, not sure how other people get through the program without issues

im going to do it...do you guys lift as well on days when you do the insanity/p90x workoutS? how is your energy level? I won't give up lifting but wonder how much energy I'll have to keep up with my weight regimen as well

Quote Originally Posted by ucsdguy29 View Post
    im going to do it...do you guys lift as well on days when you do the insanity/p90x workoutS? how is your energy level? I won't give up lifting but wonder how much energy I'll have to keep up with my weight regimen as well
    I do extreme cardio on days when I don't lift.On days when I lift-I limit cardio to one hour.-OD

Isn't it just plyo training? Plyo's def help cut bodyfat with the HIT style of cardio. Many professional athletes use that style of conditioning in their training regimen.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    Isn't it just plyo training? Plyo's def help cut bodyfat with the HIT style of cardio. Many professional athletes use that style of conditioning in their training regimen.
    Mostly-but it makes me feel better than the Zumba class where I am in there with 98 % women !! Actually in all honesty-I kinda like the Zumba as it gives me more time to check out the scenery lol.Damn Insanity is super fast and hard to look around -OD