Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "small" problem lol

V.I.P.

"small" problem lol

Ok so I have been trying to hire someone and wife was talking to her friend about that. Well she has an 18 yr old son that needs a job. You can probably see where this is going. Ok so this kid is 5'10ish and a buck ten. I did not know he was so skinny this is a very physical job. And on top of that he has no mechanical skills at all. I almost want to tell him if he wants the job he has to start going to gym with me lol.

Sherk
    What kind of work? My buddy was the same size and went straight to union ironwork humping rebar right out of high school. It's a proven fact that ironwork is one if the toughest jobs on land. We all have to start somewhere. Put yourself in his shoes and think back to a time when you new nothing and someone gave you a chance. Unless its going to hurt you financially, I'd say give the kid a shot. If he's worth a shit he'll pick it up in a few weeks. If it will hurt you financially tell them you need someone with x amount of experience. Just my .2

V.I.P.

Re: "small" problem lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sherk View Post
    What kind of work? My buddy was the same size and went straight to union ironwork humping rebar right out of high school. It's a proven fact that ironwork is one if the toughest jobs on land. We all have to start somewhere. Put yourself in his shoes and think back to a time when you new nothing and someone gave you a chance. Unless its going to hurt you financially, I'd say give the kid a shot. If he's worth a shit he'll pick it up in a few weeks. If it will hurt you financially tell them you need someone with x amount of experience. Just my .2
    I had him ride with me yesterday and today. Kid has no strength at all. My 13 yr old nephew is stronger than him. I'm trying to give him a chance but I think he is going to just cost me money. Even though I was only 130 at his age I was very strong when it came to work in fact when I was his age is when I went to work for a rock quarry I worked there 8 yrs.

Sherk
    I'd shit can his ass then. No need to carry dead weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherk View Post
    I'd shit can his ass then. No need to carry dead weight.
    Lol how quickly your tune changed.

I'd give the kid an honest few weeks. As long as he's not a little fucker and screwing off.

We all started someplace! maybe get him on board with diet and bb and make a man out of him!
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

V.I.P.
    I see it like this, when I became a drywaller I was a buck thirty... Wasn't the strongest kid but I gave it my all to the point when I got home sleep was all I could do... Strength of course came w time... Now being 170 I'm still not the hugest guy but when people see me man handle sheets or studs they say damn ur a strong Lil fucker... When I get an apprentice I don't care if they are green as fuck it's there attitude... If they want to b there working I gladly teach them what I know and some little tricks to make things easier... They want to be lazy or dot care about the job I'll run them into the ground so hard they won't show up the next day
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

V.I.P.

I hired my buddy as well he is green also but he is doing good this kid was standing there with his hands in his pockets watching him.

Damnit Lay, open up your business over here and hire me lol.

V.I.P.
    No I don't play that shit we call it
    Cock gazing... If I'm busy doing something and u need something to do grab a broom and start cleaning up our area. there is no reason to ever not be doing something. That's how I know when I got a worker when I look down and see he finished what i told
    Him,and took initiative to find something to do and do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sounds like this kid needs a lot of help. Even if he doesnt know anything about the business just about anyone can push a broom. If you have the time and patience to help him with some basics about how to behave in a workplace even if he doesnt work out he will go into his next job with some very important info. Wishing you the best of luck with this brother.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [email]Aculeus@securenym.net