Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rowing

Re: Rowing

Quote Originally Posted by ordawg1 View Post
    I vary it greatly-more HIIT or just pure interval.Neo has great suggestions-I have a lil difficulty reading the monitor due to vision.I play more with my heart rate and adjust from that point.But-I don't really feel that cardio makes a guy lose mass. Or-at least for me as I am a beast lol-Luck-OD
    ^^^^^
    Hell yeah!
    I rowed in highschool and college, and while I super lanky at the time (6'4 190#), I feel I developed the foundation of my lat spread from this. I do super sets with wide gip pulls ups to bent over rows and finally pullovers. This has allways givin good results, but adding in the rower allways seems to bring out that v-taper just a little bit further.

HEAD MC MOD - SUPER VIP - Foundation Member - Leader of The Wolf Pack Motherf@#$%ers! ordawg1's Avatar

You guys are absolutely correct about going for the women !! lol But-I also believe most BBs don't do enough cardio-or maybe not enough duration.I vary from rowing to spinning-yoga ( lots of women in nice positions) Eliptical - treadmill and stairmaster.That way the lil hotties can check out monster wheels on the old man.Yoga isn't really cardio-but is great for lots of things like breating and stretching.I have tried a few Zumba classes and they purely kick ass-PLUS.......lots of WOMEN.IMO cardio gives a guy more of a 3 D look -not just big and blocky.Have fun guys-OD

It's a misconception that if you do cardio you'll lose all your size. I train BJJ 4-5x week for 2hrs each time and I don't have an issue keeping my size. Just adjust your diet accordingly and you'll be fine.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    It's a misconception that if you do cardio you'll lose all your size. I train BJJ 4-5x week for 2hrs each time and I don't have an issue keeping my size. Just adjust your diet accordingly and you'll be fine.
    Amen! You are what you eat! Wait,,, does that make me a pussy?

Hi Orange,
    Rowing is great workout to burn fat, boost stamina and lose weight. Rowing builds strength, tone muscles and improves coordination. Rowing improves heart health, strengthens the immune system and reduce the risk of cancer, stress, cardiovascular and disease.
    website
    --------------------
    Atkinson Chiropractic
    15 Commerce Drive #108 Grayslake, IL 60030 (847)-223-3158

V.I.P.

Tituse, You are right. Rowing has other benefits as well. If you want to try and add more cuts to your back its a good way to improve the definition in your back muscles. I have also found that I can reduce the size of my love handles, the area in the lower back just above the hips on both sides, by doing a few sessions of rowing. A couple of 30 minute sessions for a few weeks. It helps my waist appear smaller.