Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Modified 5x5

Quote Originally Posted by layddually View Post
    Training off and on last 24 yrs lol I started trying to train when I was about 10. But got back into it seriously about 4 yrs ago. I stick with a program for about 2 months if I don't feel I'm getting any results I will either modify or completely change it. I was using a trainer for the last month and half but because of this god awful exhaustion I have had I cant wake up early enough to keep going to that gym.
    What results is or that you don't feel you are getting? I'm not trying to be difficult I'm just trying to understand what's going on here. If you have done twelve programs during the last two years quitting each one because you weren't getting your desired results there's SOMETHING going on.

V.I.P.

Re: Modified 5x5

Quote Originally Posted by AgentYes View Post
    What results is or that you don't feel you are getting? I'm not trying to be difficult I'm just trying to understand what's going on here. If you have done twelve programs during the last two years quitting each one because you weren't getting your desired results there's SOMETHING going on.
    About 6 over the last 2 years I had one that worked for almost a year but then nothing and couldn't get any where even with several changes.

Training off and on last 24 yrs lol I started trying to train when I was about 10. But got back into it seriously about 4 yrs ago. I stick with a program for about 2 months if I don't feel I'm getting any results I will either modify or completely change it. I was using a trainer for the last month and half but because of this god awful exhaustion I have had I cant wake up early enough to keep going to that gym.
    2 months isn't enough time to see if something is working. I tell everyone when they try a program they should give it at least 5-6months. It doesn't matter if it's DC, FST-7, 5/3/1, WSBB, 5x5, Sheiko, etc.

You have to give your body enough time to reap the benefits and some programs require a long period of time to be effective.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

V.I.P.

One reason I changed up so many times is my goals changed so many times. I couldn't make up my mind what I wanted. But I have I hard time with certain exercises too. On top of my shoulder seperation. I also have a hard time getting certain muscles to kick in. If I flex my chest it looks weird as hell because there isn't much muscle on the bottom 1/4. I also have a section on my rear shoulder had a massage therapist tell me there should be muscle there but all she felt is bone.

One reason I changed up so many times is my goals changed so many times. I couldn't make up my mind what I wanted. But I have I hard time with certain exercises too. On top of my shoulder seperation. I also have a hard time getting certain muscles to kick in. If I flex my chest it looks weird as hell because there isn't much muscle on the bottom 1/4. I also have a section on my rear shoulder had a massage therapist tell me there should be muscle there but all she felt is bone.
    It sounds like there are a few things going on that are messing you up. Do you know what your goals are NOW? I have. Friend like you she goes back and forth between wanting to be skinny and wanting to be muscular. The end result is she is never either one of those things and always just looks regular. You really will do best when you know what you want to achieve short term and long term. I find it also helps to frame those goals two kits ways. One that you see as realistic and achievable and one that would be ultimate Dream scenario. If you can so that I think you will vet some solid advice in specific programs.

As far ad your Injuries it sounds like they can all be worked around and that is what I would do. If there is a lift that isn't reasonable safe or effective for you to include switch it out for one that hits the same muscle but can be performed. Make sense?

V.I.P.

Yea I have a short term and long term goal set this time.

Seems like this shoulder issue is really setting u back. I know u are doing this completion. After that I say go get it fixed. once recovered u can progress far past where u were.

It's very hard to develop a strong chest with a bum shoulder.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

V.I.P.

Setting a goal is the very first thing that you should do, no matter what you do! With weight lifting there are really only 3 long term goals that you can acheive. More size, More strength, or better over all fitness. Pick one and go for it! The mirror will tell you if the size is coming. Your one rep max will tell you if your getting stronger. Then getting leaner with a little muscle is the fitness one. Analize what you really want and be honest with yourself then go for it 110%.

Yea I have a short term and long term goal set this time.
    That's good. You should have clearly defined goals (long and short term). Make sure your short term goals get you to your long term ones and keep them realistic. I don't think it's wise to make a goal 1000lbs squat when you haven't squatted 500lbs yet.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

You are one sensible sista suga!
    Good advice here.