Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bigger shoulders

Bigger shoulders

What do you guys do to get these babies growing. Definitely get some good presses in during the week but I'm lacking the roundness and protruding delt muscle that makes the arms complete. Any tips would be great.

I had to really concentrate on the mind muscle connection with my delts....I need to use the heaviest wight possible while still getting a good squeeze and just continually focus on the delt

Re: Bigger shoulders

I have found most spend too much time on the wieght and not enough time on the reps. Two years ago I dropped the compound excercises and started
    working higher reps, supersets and drop sets. The shoulders have respondered very well.... good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by mugzy View Post
    I have found most spend too much time on the wieght and not enough time on the reps. Two years ago I dropped the compound excercises and started
    working higher reps, supersets and drop sets. The shoulders have respondered very well.... good luck.
    Agreed. I do giant sets. Start with rear delt, then side, then front. I go through this circuit 3-4 times. Then do a superset with cables.

Heavy weight did nothing for my shoulders
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Ive honestly built the majority of the size in my delts with higher weight and not a ton of reps through a mix of overhead presses. At one point I decided to pick one exercise from a couple workouts a week to finish with 10 sets of 10. I had to drop the weight considerably but when I did this with overhead presses on the smith machine it was sick. I would be spent but the pump all the way through my delts and traps was amazing. So Id say mix it up every once and a while and work hard and youll get those delts growing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [email]Aculeus@securenym.net

Sherk
    Everybody's muscles respond differently. So try one option mentioned here for a month and if you're not seeing some sort of progress then switch to the other. Both are great and I do both. The heavier sets got my shoulders to pop and the higher reps gave my shoulders the strength and stamina to lift heavier. I use that concept for my entire body. Also concentrate on the movement and contraction of the muscle. Picture the muscle working and try not to throw the weight around. Let the delts do 100% of the work. If they're not then drop the weight because its to heavy.

Thanks a lot. Very helpful guys

If they are lagging hit them twice a week. One day super heavy low rep sets one day Mountain dog Style. My Delts are genetically blessed but mountain dog training turned them into little boulders. I will pull a workout from my log and post it here.

And of course... lots of lateral raises. Don't go above the shoulder height that engages the traps more.

Hey Agent still waiting to see a day in the life bro.
    Im a taking you at your word man. LOL...

Heavy presses like standing military, Z- press, push press. You can even use reverse bands to allow you to use heavier weight because we all know more weight equals more mass. Also, heavy front raises, hanging side raises, and rear delt work.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.