Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bigger shoulders

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    Most tendonitis is caused by an imbalance between your flexors and extensors. If you're having pain in the inside of the elbow that's because your flexors are being worked far more than your extensors. You need to stretch them and work those extensors. This is VERY common among powerlifters because we pull the bar into our back when we squat.
    Interesting sister!! I have been slacking on my forearm training lately. Other then what they get from hammer curls I haven't been doing any direct forearm work. They don't seem to grow regardless of what I've tried. Giant sets, supersets, high rep u name it. I get a great pump but that's all that ever happens. They get mildly more cut and vascular.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Re: Bigger shoulders

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    Interesting sister!! I have been slacking on my forearm training lately. Other then what they get from hammer curls I haven't been doing any direct forearm work. They don't seem to grow regardless of what I've tried. Giant sets, supersets, high rep u name it. I get a great pump but that's all that ever happens. They get mildly more cut and vascular.
    Don't forget to stretch your wrists. Grab your wrist with your fingers pointing down and stretch. You can graduate to using a wall. For the wall, be sure to place your hand up by your head (height wise). That will cause a greater stretch.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

V.I.P.

I have watched a lot of people lift weights and most of them have an imbalance going on, its sad because that causes the pain. Even if the forearms dont seem to grow work them this will help keep the pain away. Have you ever worked your rotator cuff muscles?

Other things that sometimes cause it are doing barbell curls above your shoulders, and letting your arms fully extend as far as they can during a lift. Also no control on the negative part of a lift. Have you ever done any higher rep work? Higher rep work will help your tendons get stronger. Remember the tendons are at the joint. Most people complain of pain at the joint dont they?

Quote Originally Posted by red crayon View Post
    I have watched a lot of people lift weights and most of them have an imbalance going on, its sad because that causes the pain. Even if the forearms dont seem to grow work them this will help keep the pain away. Have you ever worked your rotator cuff muscles?

Other things that sometimes cause it are doing barbell curls above your shoulders, and letting your arms fully extend as far as they can during a lift. Also no control on the negative part of a lift. Have you ever done any higher rep work? Higher rep work will help your tendons get stronger. Remember the tendons are at the joint. Most people complain of pain at the joint dont they?
    I have done it all as far as rep work and training styles. The tendinitis actually started when I did DC. I cannot do high volume (high rep) direct arm work anymore and also cannot do unilateral. I used to do direct forearm work (reverse curls pinwheel curls ) I can't now because of the tendon pain. Ironic lol.

Dave Rates shoulder rehab is a bunch of rotator cuff work and honestly I consider that problem 90% resolved now thanks to the rehab rotator work I have done. It definitely works! The close band thing is stretching I will try to find a video it is HEINOUS and even weirder Nos that I do it without a partner. I look like such a spaz lol.

SS has some awesome suggestions I will start working on. Oh when I do any curled I don't let my elbow go below forearm parallel to the floor. I can't!

^^^
    *Dave Tate's

V.I.P.

I was just makeing some suggestions based on my observations. I dont know everything and invite anyone who knows a better way to point me in that direction. I have done all the lifting that I have done the same as any other natural lifter would. I would take my vitamins and supplements and be very careful while lifting.

I came here to learn and to try a different way. So any correction or help will be greatly appreciated! So far I have been very lucky and I havent had any major injuries. I have squated over 600 for reps and did dead lifts for reps over 600 as well, My bench sucks so I wont go there. I would bet that my form really sucked too. Those numbers are good but not good enough. Another bad thing is that I got side tracked because I was trying to put on some size during that time and might have gotten an inch from all of that. These days I dont care if any of my lifts go over 500 pounds but I want to look like I can easily lift more than that. Sorry I guess I got side tracked again.

Quote Originally Posted by red crayon View Post
    I was just makeing some suggestions based on my observations. I dont know everything and invite anyone who knows a better way to point me in that direction. I have done all the lifting that I have done the same as any other natural lifter would. I would take my vitamins and supplements and be very careful while lifting.

I came here to learn and to try a different way. So any correction or help will be greatly appreciated! So far I have been very lucky and I havent had any major injuries. I have squated over 600 for reps and did dead lifts for reps over 600 as well, My bench sucks so I wont go there. I would bet that my form really sucked too. Those numbers are good but not good enough. Another bad thing is that I got side tracked because I was trying to put on some size during that time and might have gotten an inch from all of that. These days I dont care if any of my lifts go over 500 pounds but I want to look like I can easily lift more than that. Sorry I guess I got side tracked again.

Oh my gosh I totally failed to convey my tone- text is so difficult with that sometimes. Obviously your rotator cuff suggestion was right on because it has worked for me! I totally appreciate your post. Smileys. I need to use more Smileys!

And now I will always have you to blame when I get made fun of for oversmileying

V.I.P.

Back in 2006 I had an accident at work. I got hit in the head and wound up with 2 skull fractures. (This does relate to this thread) I went into a coma and had to have a craniotomy. Part of my brain doesnt work anymore. Its the part that gets mad so theres no worries. My wife says that Im a lot more polite now too. Its all good Im just glad to be here!

Yes Maam Thank you

^^^And so are we bro!^^^ Glad to have you here.

To get the best shoulders you possible can, it is important to hit all three heads on the deltoids
    This is my current shoulder workout:

I begin my workout warming up on the cables with very light weights performing side front and rear exercises 1- set 20 reps

The main workouts are performed at 3-4 sets at 8-10 reps on a pyramid system

Seated barbell press (behind the head) or dumbell press (try to alternate every month)

Side raises db to hit the side delts (lateral deltoid) - do this seated for isolation and improved technique

Side raises machine - side delts (lateral deltoid)

Rear deltoids exercise DB

Rear deltoid exercice on pec deck

Front raises DB for the anterior (front) deltoid.

I then finish up on shrugs