Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bigger shoulders

I have horrible tendonitis in my left elbow most arm lifting really hurts it and I am even limited on how heavy of a dumbbell I can hoist with my left arm. It does OK on the lateral machine for side dealt is fine for overhead press and face pulls but I am stumped on what I can do for the front delt. Any ideas?

V.I.P.

Re: Bigger shoulders

I dont know how bad it hurts or how limited your range of motion is but I will try and help. I have used the side raise machine (lateral machine) for my front delts by sitting sideways in the seat and doing one arm at a time. If you need to you can use the non-working arm to assist the one that is working. (Kinda like forced reps). You might also keep the weight light and do drop sets with weight plates or dumbbells. There are more things you can do but that should get you started. I hope this helps.

V.I.P.

interesting, will try!

V.I.P.

If nothing else helps a muscle pain and you just cant seem to work around it you might have to take some time off. When most people take time off they still try and do some cardio, if they can, but no weight lifting. I know that sucks. I had to one time, I pulled a groin muscle and it just hurt almost every time I moved. After a couple of weeks off it got better. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentYes View Post
    I have horrible tendonitis in my left elbow most arm lifting really hurts it and I am even limited on how heavy of a dumbbell I can hoist with my left arm. It does OK on the lateral machine for side dealt is fine for overhead press and face pulls but I am stumped on what I can do for the front delt. Any ideas?
    Agent yes. Have u looked into deep tissue massage?

My wife works this huge guy. He worked on my tendonitis and it offered a ton of relief. He said he could feel how it was all knotted up right away!
    If its really bad u will prob wanna do a few sessions like 1 a week or so. However I got a ton of relief off just that 1st visit.

Check it out if u haven't already....I think if u can find competent skilled hands u will get some needed relief.

Mine was really limiting my tricep training.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

100% agree here^^

Quote Originally Posted by AgentYes View Post
    Is it on the inside of the elbow? If it is, than you need to stretch more. The pain on the inside of the elbow (which many of us PLers get) is caused by your flexors getting over worked and your extensors not getting worked enough.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

To get the best shoulders you possible can, it is important to hit all three heads on the deltoids
    This is my current shoulder workout:

I begin my workout warming up on the cables with very light weights performing side front and rear exercises 1- set 20 reps

The main workouts are performed at 3-4 sets at 8-10 reps on a pyramid system

Seated barbell press (behind the head) or dumbell press (try to alternate every month)

Side raises db to hit the side delts (lateral deltoid) - do this seated for isolation and improved technique

Side raises machine - side delts (lateral deltoid)

Rear deltoids exercise DB

Rear deltoid exercice on pec deck

Front raises DB for the anterior (front) deltoid.

I then finish up on shrugs