Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How far do you drive....

How far do you drive....

I'll be driving 30miles each way starting in 2 weeks and I even thought about training at another gym but it's 45miles each way and that's a bit to far for me to drive.

How far would you be willing to drive to train at a gym that will get you closer to your goals (equipment, environment, etc)?
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

there was an older golds gym that was 20 minutes away vs the one 10 min from my house. I liked the old school one as they had cool old machines u can't find anymore.

They shut down the one I really liked. There are a few machines I miss. I would def drive 30 minutes if the gym was awesome!

the problem is by me there's Tons of fitness gyms. They have pools, tracks, movie theatre cardio rooms, sauna, tons of cardio stuff. Actual weights and gym stuff seem secondary at most places near me.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

I drive 20 miles one each way right now.....it's a large commercial gym LA Fitness actually and it's nice they have pretty much any piece of equipment anyone would want or need but it's more family/fitness orientated not a very hard or environment and I don't know anyone there that competes

V.I.P.
    I'll go 30 miles to work out w my boys from back home not everyday though... My goals don't require a certain gym though if they did or I felt I was benefiting I'd do what I needed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: How far do you drive....

I'm lucky it's a 5 minute drive, not the super hard core gym, I used to train in, but it does the job..

3 days a week I train a few mins from my house. Once a week I train at a hardcore gym in the southside of town. I also have a power rack with a basic oly set and dumbells at my house that I can use if I need to squeeze a workout in.

V.I.P.

I think I would drive an hour or so. I dont have a lot of choices here, its a small town. I went to the "Y" for about 15 years but they got really weird so I changed. The one I go to now is about 20 min away. We have one girl there who competes in the figure class events. She has been to the NPC Nationals a couple of times. I think she would do better if there was a couple more girls there who were on that level as well. Her Husband is a wanna be, he is big and muscular but mostly big and round. Oh and no legs, well his legs need a lot of work. He is one of those guys who always sayes that you can build decent legs without squats. Its just not gonna happen. His lack of knowledge is just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious 13 View Post
    I'll go 30 miles to work out w my boys from back home not everyday though... My goals don't require a certain gym though if they did or I felt I was benefiting I'd do what I needed
    That was my reasoning for my willingness to drive 30miles. I will definitely benefit from having a mono, comp bench, and a dl platform. I'll pass by probably 20 gyms within that drive (possibly more) but none of them have what I need.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

V.I.P.

Takes me an hour no matter what gym I go to. The problem is when I leave the gym for work. It can be a 2 min, 5 min, or 30min drive. I went back to the 2 min even though I prefer the gym that's 30min away.

My gym was only 5 minutes away, but I don't have to do that anymore. Got everything I need at home. DB's, Barbell and Bumper Plates, Squat Rack, Bench, Dip/Pullup Station, Sled. It's all I'll ever need. I will get me a GHD soon, maybe by summer. I would love to have a Reverse Hyper, but too damn expensive, I'll just continue pulling weights on my Sled.