Thread: Toddler trouble

V.I.P.

Toddler trouble

My 3yr old has started acting like she doesn't like me. I know it has to be tough on her with a ne born here and me not getting to do all the stuff we use to do. But at the same time this is really getting to me. She was a daddies girl, we would go jogging, play at the park, lift weights when I had my home gym , play with tools, etc. now she won't even do anything with me she just wants to be with her mom. How do I get her back? She told me tonight she doesn't love me that shit was hard to hear from my little princess.

Re: Toddler trouble

Damn that sucks bro. I would suggest talking to her and letting her know that the only reason the new baby is getting more attention is because it's a baby and can't do anything for itself but she is still loved. Also try doing stuff with her again. Kids are easy to win back bro don't stress about it, she'll be back to normal soon.

Dude don worry about it kids go through stages......my kids did the same shit with everyone....all kids are different....I have found for mine that if you don't feed into thief games then they come back around....don't loose sleep over it

V.I.P.

I would try and get her to help you change the babies diaper. If she doesnt want to try and get mom and her to help. Tell her that you love her the most because she doesnt make a mess like this. Tell her that you have to clean up after the baby because all the baby wants to do is eat and make a mess and that you need her help, its to big of a job for one person to do. Thats what I did with my kids. On the other side that was true because the last set of kids my wife and I had were twins, they did everything together including make a mess in their diapers, lol.

Solid advise here lay.

I'd suggest both. Make a solid few play dates with her doing things with her. As well as getting her involved with the baby as red crayon suggested.

She is simply jealous and doesn't understand why she isn't #1.

My daughter is a tad over 1 and totally prefers mommy to me. It's tough to not let it bother u. I realize her mom spends way more time with her and breast feeds so there is way more comfort with mom then me.

If spending more time with her and getting her to help with the baby doesn't turn her around. Give it some time to let it blow over.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

V.I.P.

This has been tough she went from being daddies girl to mommies girl. It has been tough though we moved had a baby and with everything going on we haven't had our weekends like normal. When my wife goes back to work we still won't have our weekends because I will have the baby too. Hope next weekend is nice enough to go out.

HEAD MC MOD - SUPER VIP - Foundation Member - Leader of The Wolf Pack Motherf@#$%ers! ordawg1's Avatar

Buy her something special-spend time with her- compliment her-tell her how much you love her-Works with all women-any age-no matter-Luck-OD
    ADD-if doesn't work first time-REPEAT ~~

Quote Originally Posted by layddually View Post
    My 3yr old has started acting like she doesn't like me. I know it has to be tough on her with a ne born here and me not getting to do all the stuff we use to do. But at the same time this is really getting to me. She was a daddies girl, we would go jogging, play at the park, lift weights when I had my home gym , play with tools, etc. now she won't even do anything with me she just wants to be with her mom. How do I get her back? She told me tonight she doesn't love me that shit was hard to hear from my little princess.
    It's a stage brother, she loves you, if something happened she would come running for you, I know it's hard to hear but hang in there it will pass.