Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is pump really necessary for muscle growth?

Is pump really necessary for muscle growth?

I've always been a low rep guy (lazy) I know you look good all pumped up but it doesn't last long...............is it beneficial for muscle growth / size?

Some cases it can be.

If it wasnt important then there wouldn't be so many NO products on the market. Blood flow( pump) is essential for pushing nutrients into the muscles.

V.I.P.

Re: Is pump really necessary for muscle growth?

I read an interview that they did with Arnold many years ago and he said that the pump you get from working out is like an orgasm during sex except it its the whole body and it lasts all day. So is it necessary? I guess not but I wouldnt miss it for the world!

Sherk
    Quote Originally Posted by red crayon View Post
    I read an interview that they did with Arnold many years ago and he said that the pump you get from working out is like an orgasm during sex except it its the whole body and it lasts all day. So is it necessary? I guess not but I wouldnt miss it for the world!
    He was referring to the feeling of the pump, not whether it was important for muscle growth or not. That interview is from pumping iron.

Stop being lazy and get your pump on lol. I love leg pumps <3 they feel so horrible yet so awesome at the same

V.I.P.

I understand What the topic is. I didnt remember where I read or heard the quote, It wasnt an exact quote Im sure. Im glad someone does know these things. Mr. Sherk I stand corrected. Im sure that you can build muscle with out a pump. All thats really required is muscle break down and muscle rebuild. I dont think I would want to do it that way. Lots of things in your body grow without a pump, Teeth, Hair, skin.

Getting my body parts pumped up and hard is kinda fun. Best I can remember the last time I went to the gym and I just couldnt get a pump, The muscles were kinda limp, I gave it up and went home.

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manny1983 View Post
    Stop being lazy and get your pump on lol. I love leg pumps <3 they feel so horrible yet so awesome at the same
    Agreed

Ok..............rep range? I come form a PL background cycle 5, 3, 1 mostly with a burn / pump set at the end of each compound movement..........ISO shit typ 10 reps...........I typ do 2- 3 work sets then a set of 10 then pick 1 or 3 iso movements for 3 sets of 10 then GTFO of the gym

V.I.P.

I come from a natural lifting background myself. (Please correct me if you dont agree with any of my statements!) I would start with compound lifts, Squats, dead lift, etc and then go to Isolation lifts to complete my work out. Sometimes at the end I would rep out with an isolation move as many reps as I could to failure at about 40% one rep max.

The body parts were divided up into five sessions. Back, Legs and chest had their own days and the others were put in where they fit. Cardio was on the off days with all abb work on cardio days. All the work outs were kept around one to one and a half hours long. I used a timer to make sure of this. Most sets were 10 to 12 reps long when I reached that number two work outs in a row I would drop back to 8 reps and raise the weight. Legs were an exception, I would often go as high as 20 reps on them.

Be sure to eat clean as possible. Dont miss a meal even if it has to be fast food! Being natural was my choice. A chemically enhanced lifter can easily get another 25% more than a natural person can, Your choice. There are other ways to do this but this worked for me. (I cant spell please forgive me. lol)