Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is pump really necessary for muscle growth?

Re: Is pump really necessary for muscle growth?

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    Ed Coan is da MAN. Only 1 of 2 people to pull sumo 900+lbs raw and he did it in the 220lbs CLASS!!!! HOLY SHIT.
    Yes he is! He inspired me to get into powerlifting, I was watched him climb the weight classes, dominating each one as he went up, a true powerlifting legend. One of the strongest guys pound for pound ever.

Quote Originally Posted by kazman68 View Post
    Yes he is! He inspired me to get into powerlifting, I was watched him climb the weight classes, dominating each one as he went up, a true powerlifting legend. One of the strongest guys pound for pound ever.
    The only guy I know of who won IPF Worlds in 4 different weight classes.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by kazman68 View Post
    I saw him and kirk kowalski at the USPF Senior National Powerlifting Championship in Philly.....2 tanks......shane hamman didn't lift but he had the largest legs I ever saw......dude looked 5 foot nothing probably a 275 or more...

No, pump is not needed for muscular growth. The only hypertrophy you'd get out of a constant pump is sarcoplasmic hypertrophy. Which is just fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbutcho View Post
    I saw him and kirk kowalski at the USPF Senior National Powerlifting Championship in Philly.....2 tanks......shane hamman didn't lift but he had the largest legs I ever saw......dude looked 5 foot nothing probably a 275 or more...
    are you talking about Shane Hammock?

I guess we could have all the power lifters who don't get pumps and then bodybuilders post their pics and see who's bigger.lol

Quote Originally Posted by Elbutcho View Post
    Shane was 350lbs @ 5'9 when he competed. He was a PLer first but switched to Oly lifting. His biggest squat was 457.5kg (equipped, not sure if it was single or multi). He also competed in the 2000 Summer Olympics. I believe he finished something like 10th.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Fit Guru View Post
    I guess we could have all the power lifters who don't get pumps and then bodybuilders post their pics and see who's bigger.lol
    How would you categorize those who started out as one and than when to compete in the other like Johnny and Stan?

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    Shane was 350lbs @ 5'9 when he competed. He was a PLer first but switched to Oly lifting. His biggest squat was 457.5kg (equipped, not sure if it was single or multi). He also competed in the 2000 Summer Olympics. I believe he finished something like 10th.
    He was a lil tank...didn't look 5'9" he was as wide as tall.......Kowalski use to train at Mark Chaillet gym by Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland, I saw him squat 700 in a singlet no wraps ATG as a teenager then over a 1000 in training at Chaillet a few years later....there was a bunch of beast there...mostly PL'er but a few strong huge BBers too