Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Career change

Re: Career change

I just want to tell you Im proud of you Vicious. It takes balls when youve spent many years working a specific job to not just change jobs but to also go back to school to make it possible. You deserve the best in this life, and Im glad youve made the decision to put in the necessary work to make that possible for you, and your family. Keep kickin ass brother! Happy New Year!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [email]Aculeus@securenym.net

Quote Originally Posted by mj_0360 View Post
    How is easy is it to get a job in personal training or in the exercise industry?
    I would highly recommend not pursuing that route. very few guys make a good living at it. You need to have the right kind of personality and marketing skills.
    Credentials:
    Masters Degree-Exercise Physiology
    Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist-ACSM

^^ truly and encourager to all. Lots of love going around! Happy new year to you vicious. Your a great dude

Quote Originally Posted by exphys88 View Post
    I would highly recommend not pursuing that route. very few guys make a good living at it. You need to have the right kind of personality and marketing skills.
    +1

If you have the people skills, there is a lot of great option$! Are you a techie by chance? Huge growth in the tech industry. It's ever lasting like a gob stopper.

V.I.P.

Look into the job field that you think you want to go into to see what the chances are of staying employed after you get the training. I looked into the news paper and such. I used to work as a heavy Equipment mechanic, I didnt like it so I switched to being an electrician. I went to school full time and worked full time until I was finished. Lots of people do that. There is no glory or glamour but the money is good. I average 75 plus every year. Benifits on top of that.

V.I.P.
    Anyone do real estate?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

V.I.P.

I just had another Idea. Have you thought about looking into a job with one of the Professional Unions? Most of those Unions pay you while you learn. Even if its not a job thats on the top of your list of things to do they all pay good. You might be like me when I was a mechanic, It wasnt my dream job but it let me have the money to do the things that I liked to do. Its just an Idea.

V.I.P.
    I'm in a union right now but like I sad it's not really my dream job and when work slows down u basically go on unemployment which isn't enough to pay my bills. I'm starting to stress a little a think I can squeak by all my bills this week which will basically give me a month to figure something out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

V.I.P.
    I got an offer to go and interview for an entry level mortgage loan processor. Anyone have any info they can give me? I told my buddy I didn't even know what that is but he said they are looking for someone who knows nothing but wants to learn and work hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

There is a ton of stuff you can do in that field.....also depending on the bank or company many of them pay for your schooling.....my wife is in underwriting with a large bank and she makes very good money.....go to the interview and check it out