Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Front Squats....

V.I.P.

Re: Front Squats....

I did my legs again tonight and I have got the bar on my delts. It makes my wrists hurt but after time I think that will go away. Ive descovered there are a couple of bones up there in the way, Oh well Im gonna get it its just a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by red crayon View Post
    I did my legs again tonight and I have got the bar on my delts. It makes my wrists hurt but after time I think that will go away. Ive descovered there are a couple of bones up there in the way, Oh well Im gonna get it its just a matter of time.
    You may want to widen your grip to make it a bit easier on your wrists. Also stretch your wrists when you done afterwards. It will make getting them under the bar easier.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Been battling disc problems in my lower back for years. Going to try front squats next leg night to see how it feels on my back. Looks like a more upright position that may work.
    Mattingly is a fictitious role-playing character. Kind of like Dungeons & Dragons...but for really big, cool people! Not only does Mattingly not take AAS, I doubt he could spell AAS.

V.I.P.

I look up at about 35 degrees. I also try and keep my butt and chest pushed out that keeps the arch in my back. Oh and push off of your heels. lol, try and remember all that while pushing a heavy weight.

V.I.P.

I added another 40lbs onto my front squat this week, not too shaby.

Sorry if i missed it but you said you can replace leg extensions with these? Would you do tjese and back squats in same workout then or just do these in favor of back squats?

Thanks

I would alternate from week to week.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

V.I.P.

I do them both. I would say that you need to try and find what works for you. My wife says my work out is more like an "S" and "M" thing than a BodyBuilding thing. lol, arent they all?

Yea doesn't everyone do it for the pain?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister613 View Post
    Sorry if i missed it but you said you can replace leg extensions with these? Would you do tjese and back squats in same workout then or just do these in favor of back squats?

Thanks
    Yes, front squats can replace leg extensions. I don't perform leg extensions ever because they cause my knees to be in pain, even with light weight. Leg extensions also have absolutely no carry over to anything else so I see no need to perform them.

I do front squats and back squats every week in my leg workout. After those I may put in reverse band squats, rdl's, blute bridges, GHR's, etc. I'm not a fan of any machine that uses a weight stack.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.