Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Front Squats....

Sherk
    Great post. Today was leg day and I added those in using the straps. I can barely fucking walk, literally. I might not be able to go to work tomorrow. AL's tren e had me in beast mode. That was the first time I did front squats in a couple years. Good shit.

Of course..that's the only way to do front squats.mechanically it puts the same stress on the same muscles and your hands(wrist) are supported by your shoulders.

Very good post I may add.thanks!

V.I.P.

Re: Front Squats....

I have never done front squats before but I really want to throw few into the mix today. I think I might try them with a lower weight on a smith machine when I first do them.

Quote Originally Posted by mj_0360 View Post
    I have never done front squats before but I really want to throw few into the mix today. I think I might try them with a lower weight on a smith machine when I first do them.
    Don't use the smith machine. A smith machine will allow you to use sloppy form and still perform the movement so you won't get nearly the benefit from it. Use a straight bar instead.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherk View Post
    Great post. Today was leg day and I added those in using the straps. I can barely fucking walk, literally. I might not be able to go to work tomorrow. AL's tren e had me in beast mode. That was the first time I did front squats in a couple years. Good shit.
    It's one of those overlooked movements that got cast aside because most don't want to work that hard so they use a leg extension instead. Something you can do that will make it a bit easier on you is to stretch when your done.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

I use the front squats on leg day. I going to pickup some straps to give that way a try. I usually do them arms crossed.

Am I a huge wuss or what!? Did some fronts today and they were killing my delts. Tried the strap way for the first time...I don't know how I feel about this. I need bigger shoulders I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Orange24 View Post
    Am I a huge wuss or what!? Did some fronts today and they were killing my delts. Tried the strap way for the first time...I don't know how I feel about this. I need bigger shoulders I guess
    You probably didn't have the bar in the correct place. You may have had it to far out in front which would be uncomfortable. Did you feel like the bar was going to choke you?

Haha yes a little