Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Front Squats....

V.I.P.

Re: Front Squats....

I watched the video I posted a link to and by following some of the things I got out of that video I have been able to get the bar down some. I spread my grip out wider and I am grabbing one hand grip at a time. The bar still isnt down to the top of my front delts but I will stay after it until I get it. In the Video he said that it might take a few weeks to get it right so Im staying after it. I tried the straps but they slipped all over the place so that was no good. Again Thanks for all the help everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by red crayon View Post
    I watched the video I posted a link to and by following some of the things I got out of that video I have been able to get the bar down some. I spread my grip out wider and I am grabbing one hand grip at a time. The bar still isnt down to the top of my front delts but I will stay after it until I get it. In the Video he said that it might take a few weeks to get it right so Im staying after it. I tried the straps but they slipped all over the place so that was no good. Again Thanks for all the help everyone!
    When you say you down to the top, where are you talking about exactly. The bar should sit on the top of the delt and not the bottom of it. If you put your hands out straight in front of you, the bar should not fall down and it shouldn't cause your arms to drop. Bar position is everything with this movement. Too low and it'll cause you to drop it and too high and it can choke you.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

V.I.P.

On top of my front delts almost against my throat. Thats the location I am aiming for. Is that the right spot?

Quote Originally Posted by red crayon View Post
    On top of my front delts almost against my throat. Thats the location I am aiming for. Is that the right spot?
    Yes, that's the right spot. Just be patient and you'll get it in time.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

I like the bar actually behind my delts against my throat. But I still lean forward a tad and it slips just a bit. I have no clue how to keep more vertical like the guy in that vid.
    I notice that even when I sit in a chair I lean forward on the way down to sitting in that chair. Is that just bod mechanics for my bod?
    LOL if I dont lean forward I just know that Im gonna tip over backwards.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
    I like the bar actually behind my delts against my throat. But I still lean forward a tad and it slips just a bit. I have no clue how to keep more vertical like the guy in that vid.
    I notice that even when I sit in a chair I lean forward on the way down to sitting in that chair. Is that just bod mechanics for my bod?
    You have to work on your arch (arching your lower back). Once you're able to arch your lower back you won't have that feeling anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
    You have to work on your arch (arching your lower back). Once you're able to arch your lower back you won't have that feeling anymore.

V.I.P.

Maybe trying what I do will help. I look up higher than I normally do, Push up on my heals, and lift in a power rack with the safties adjusted up higher until I get my balance working better. *Red*

Sorry sis I tried this yesterday. I found my straps and went after it. Even with my back belt my back killed me and I hadn't even loaded up yet. I admit I have a problematic back.
    Not for me.

I enjoyed working legs again though. Had an mcl issue so I've been easing back Into legs.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    Sorry sis I tried this yesterday. I found my straps and went after it. Even with my back belt my back killed me and I hadn't even loaded up yet. I admit I have a problematic back.
    Not for me.

I enjoyed working legs again though. Had an mcl issue so I've been easing back Into legs.
    Something you could do to help ease back into legs. It'll make the lift more dynamic is reverse band back squats. If you have a power cage you can perform this exercise. I'll make a post about it next. It make the lift lighter at the bottom (when you are completely squatted down) and makes it heavier at the top (where you are standing up). You might wonder what's great about this movement..... well, you have to generate more power to complete the lift. If it's 225lbs at the bottom and 315lbs at the top you'll need to generate 315lbs of power to complete the lift. This is a dynamic movement and not a static one where the weight remains the same.

Louie called this Future's Method b/c it allows you to lift the weight you'd use in the future right now.