Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cube Method...

Cube Method...

Has anyone read Lilly's training method "The Cube Method"? A friend of mine sent me the e-book and I think I'll read it. Brandon has quite the total as a raw lifter and this is supposed to be a no nonsense training approach. Should be interesting.

If anyone is interested, I'll let everyone know what I think after I'm done reading it.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

V.I.P.

Re: Cube Method...

I have read the article about it in Power Magazine. Thats all. I hope the book explains it better.

Quote Originally Posted by red crayon View Post
    I have read the article about it in Power Magazine. Thats all. I hope the book explains it better.
    The book is 74 pages and I've been told it explains everything thoroughly. I'll read it this weekend so I'll be able to tell you all about it.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Interesting.....I look forward to hearing about it

I haven't finished it but Lilly took an idea that the Russians used back in the day of having an explosive day, rep day, and max day for their lifts. It would appear he's managed a way to put it all together. I read a translated journal that had some ideas like this but it was missing the percentages used so I never tried it. It would appear he has it all worked out. You only perform 1 day each week for a lift so if you're benching for reps, you'll be pulling for explosiveness, and squatting for max effort. Than it rotates the following weeks.

I'd like to hear more about this also. If you have the time I'd love to read a write up about it? I watch his YouTube vids and he seems to be making great progress so It seems effective.

I finished the book. What he does is have 3 different lifting methods; rep day, max effort day, and speed day. That's why it's a cube... 1, 2, 3 each being one of those days.

Lets say 1 is max, 2 is speed, and 3 is rep

So it would look like this:

Week 1; 1 Deadlift, 2 Bench, 3 Squat
    Week 2; 2 Deadlift, 3 Bench, 1 Squat
    Week 3; 3 Deadlift, 1 Bench, 2 Squat
    Week 4; Deload
    Than repeat until week 10 which is a meet or a simulated meet in the gym.

So as you can see you don't perform max effort on more than 1 movement each week. It's a constant rotation where each movement is performed with 1 rep day, 1 speed day, and 1 max effort day.

Like I said, I've seen this type of program but I can't exactly place my finger on it. It was a translated journal from Russia I believe but I can't be certain. I used to read a lot of training journal from other countries when I was Olympic weightlifting.

Also, Lilly has his lifters performing some Oly assisting lifts which I feel is crucial to lifting heavy. Everyone knows I've preached about speed for years and talked about how everyone should be incorporating Oly assisting lifts in their program.

I was supposed to be a Cube Method tester but Brandon never got a hold of me after he made the offer. I'm very interested in it though.

I got great gains off this program.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    I finished the book. What he does is have 3 different lifting methods; rep day, max effort day, and speed day. That's why it's a cube... 1, 2, 3 each being one of those days.

Lets say 1 is max, 2 is speed, and 3 is rep

So it would look like this:

Week 1; 1 Deadlift, 2 Bench, 3 Squat
    Week 2; 2 Deadlift, 3 Bench, 1 Squat
    Week 3; 3 Deadlift, 1 Bench, 2 Squat
    Week 4; Deload
    Than repeat until week 10 which is a meet or a simulated meet in the gym.

So as you can see you don't perform max effort on more than 1 movement each week. It's a constant rotation where each movement is performed with 1 rep day, 1 speed day, and 1 max effort day.

Like I said, I've seen this type of program but I can't exactly place my finger on it. It was a translated journal from Russia I believe but I can't be certain. I used to read a lot of training journal from other countries when I was Olympic weightlifting.

Also, Lilly has his lifters performing some Oly assisting lifts which I feel is crucial to lifting heavy. Everyone knows I've preached about speed for years and talked about how everyone should be incorporating Oly assisting lifts in their program.
    How is speed day executed?