Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just bragging a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ordawg1 View Post
    You would look SUPER HOT NEKID in the snow !!Think of the fun we would have lol-OD
    It's interesting how hot any girl looks when you come across one mountaineering. Lol
    Credentials:
    Masters Degree-Exercise Physiology
    Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist-ACSM

I think we are both insane-EX lives right down the road from me in Tibet !! Oh -wait.........I am on the road about half the year-not sure where I call home now ? Probably here at MC lol-OD
    You need to take me rafting!
    Credentials:

HEAD MC MOD - SUPER VIP - Foundation Member - Leader of The Wolf Pack Motherf@#$%ers! ordawg1's Avatar

Re: Just bragging a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by exphys88 View Post
    You need to take me rafting!
    Which rivers-I have done most all of them ? Probably the best is the Grand Canyon in small raft-is 16 days-225 miles-161 rapids-several class 10s. Have done it 3 times-but am gone a month or longer as to side hiking excursions.LMK-OD

Which rivers-I have done most all of them ? Probably the best is the Grand Canyon in small raft-is 16 days-225 miles-161 rapids-several class 10s. Have done it 3 times-but am gone a month or longer as to side hiking excursions.LMK-OD
    That sounds amazing, but scary. I've only done Klamath, trinity and Sacramento River, but never more than class 3. I'd love to do multiple day trips.
    Credentials:

Re: Just bragging a bit.

That is one awsome pic bro. Jealous!
    Years ago my brother and did several ofthe 14ers in Colo...lot of fun and good memories.

Quote Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
    That is one awsome pic bro. Jealous!
    Years ago my brother and did several ofthe 14ers in Colo...lot of fun and good memories.
    So you know how shitty 14,000 ft feels.
    I've taken a pulse oximeter to the top before and everyone in the group was at about 75% oxygen saturation. If I was to go into the ER in the 80s, they admit me immediately! Crazy
    Credentials:

V.I.P.
    Crazy I've never been that high I don't think any of the mountains i snowboard get up that high. I'm not sure how high mammoth gets up to
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious 13 View Post
    Crazy I've never been that high I don't think any of the mountains i snowboard get up that high. I'm not sure how high mammoth gets up to
    Most in ca only go up to bout 8-9. Plus they give you a lift lol.
    Its so incredible to climb for 12 hours straight, heavy pack, fear of death w every step, can't breath, nauseous, and dizzy, yet you find something in you that keeps you moving forward when everything in you is screaming at you to give up.
    Credentials:

V.I.P.
    That's crazy last year it dumped pretty good so we went to get some back mountain action at baldy. We were supposed to cut right like halfway down but missed it and dropped into a valley. I've never been more scared in my life. Waist deep snow took us about 4 hours to get out. I really thought we were going to die that day. I gotta have my lifts the snow takes it all out of u especially if you've got some weight on u. It was a great feeling when I got to the top though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious 13 View Post
    That's crazy last year it dumped pretty good so we went to get some back mountain action at baldy. We were supposed to cut right like halfway down but missed it and dropped into a valley. I've never been more scared in my life. Waist deep snow took us about 4 hours to get out. I really thought we were going to die that day. I gotta have my lifts the snow takes it all out of u especially if you've got some weight on u. It was a great feeling when I got to the top though
    It's no joke to get caught in something like that.
    My number one rule when heading out is to have the minimum gear to be able to spend the night-shovel, sleeping bag, emergency blanket, lights, stove and extra food. My day packs are always above 25 lbs because of this, but it gives me peace of mind.

I was once caught in a huge storm for 14 hours. We planned on digging a snow cave to sleep in but the snow was so powdery that it just kept collapsing on us. Luckily we brought a 2 man tent just in case; we had to sleep 3 guys in a 2 man tent for 14 hours. It snowed so much that we had to shovel snow off the tent all night and when we finally got out the next day, we were in waist deep snow w snowshoes on.
    Credentials: