Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why did I do it

Quote Originally Posted by kazman68 View Post
    I had it so bad one year, I literally had to craw to the bathroom, my joints ached so bad, fever,bad cough, I actually broke out in a rash at the end, it was wicked I was sick 7 days straight...we take for granted when were well...
    It's a nasty bug. 20-40 million people died in 1918 from it.
    Credentials:
    Masters Degree-Exercise Physiology
    Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist-ACSM

HEAD MC MOD - SUPER VIP - Foundation Member - Leader of The Wolf Pack Motherf@#$%ers! ordawg1's Avatar

Re: why did I do it

I get my shot every year-but still no gurantee.Try to wash your hands several times a day-and stay out of crowded places is all we can do.If you get sick-stay hydrated-Luck Guys-OD

Quote Originally Posted by ordawg1 View Post
    I get my shot every year-but still no gurantee.Try to wash your hands several times a day-and stay out of crowded places is all we can do.If you get sick-stay hydrated-Luck Guys-OD
    Yeah, working at a gym and having kids in preschool is a guarantee I'd get it lol.
    Credentials:
    Masters Degree-Exercise Physiology
    Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist-ACSM

on the bright side took 2 days off ( because the shots makes your joints sore) I had a great work out this morning ... lifted pretty heavy and and got some new 52 week highs ...

Quote Originally Posted by exphys88 View Post
    It's a nasty bug. 20-40 million people died in 1918 from it.
    I remember seeing a show and reading about the 1918 flu...your right nasty! Is the word for it, that is one powerful flu bug.

the 1918 flu was called a pandemic for a reason .. it was one of the reasons for the end of WW1 for crying out loud... both side had trouble refilling the troops..
    my parents were older when they had me , I did a slight family tree for a school project.. found out that my Father was one of 13 ( yeah big catholic family) . anyhow I was surprised so many were dead ... there was a group that was older and then there was like 4 and a big gap in between... I asked what happened
    and there was 3 that died in the pandemic... I realise there was a lot of them ...but can you image loosing 3 kids under 4 in a year ? . My father was born in 26 ..

I saw a special on the pandemic when the big bird flu scare. the show mention a bunch of diseases that are just plan scary that have showed up every once and a while. they mention SARS, ebola , hunta virus and a few that I never heard of .. that was the scary part.. these diseases are still in the wild and could pop out at any time..

the profiled people that were still fighting SARS years after the outbreak they were still in quarantine !

I hate the flu shot