Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: leg help!

Re: leg help!

Ok will someone plz put up a good vid of how to do a proper GM?
    And thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    No, what you wrote isn't confusing. There are several different ways to wrap the knee. I personally like to wrap my knees "in" so I can really push against the wraps. Wrapping them "out" makes it easier to push your knees out which is why so many do it that way. You can start your wrap from the top and go down or vice versa.

The vid of Cartwright is easy to follow and also easy to do especially if you have to wrap your own knees. It's not how I wrap mine. I was shown how to wrap my knees by Steve Goggins (first man to squat 1100+lbs) but it'll work fine.

The thing I want you to take away from the vid is keep the leg straight that's being wrapped. Keep the wrap tension as consistent as you can (I know this isn't easy). Don't wrap too low. More of the wrap will be above the knee and not below it. Other than that many start out going straight up or down (overlapping the layers a bit) and than coming back up at the end.

Well said, and don't be afraid to wrap them tight..one dork would wrap his so loose they would pop loose in the middle of a set, if he wrapped them tight 'they hurt too much' guy was the biggest pussy. (no offense lady's)

V.I.P.
    It feels better wrapped tight. I just want to make sure I'm doing it properly and using the right wraps and stuff
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious 13 View Post
    It feels better wrapped tight. I just want to make sure I'm doing it properly and using the right wraps and stuff
    You'll want to use a springier wrap since you're a raw lifter (I'm assuming) and not an equipped one. This will help you out of the hole. And like Kaz said you want to wrap the wraps tightly. One VERY important thing when wrapping tight is NEVER pull your wrap down when you're wrapping over. Pull it tight from the back when you're coming up from behind. Your knees will thank you.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Thanx sis for all this information! Luckaly I've never had an issue with my knees and knock on wood I hope I never do! I've got a plan to restructure my leg work out. I can't think everyone enough on all the information. This is def a great site, as I have been here for a while now, and plan on staying for a long time!

Folks, thanks to all especialy fit guru and sis. I did legs two days ago with the new plan. Ouch I hurt! I think this will bring them out some more. I'll do this for 6 weeks and we'll see what happens. I'll post on this again after 6 weeks. Thanks all!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wanabbig View Post
    Folks, thanks to all especialy fit guru and sis. I did legs two days ago with the new plan. Ouch I hurt! I think this will bring them out some more. I'll do this for 6 weeks and we'll see what happens. I'll post on this again after 6 weeks. Thanks all!!!!
    Something else you can do is split your hamstrings and quads. Train them 2 different days. Many bbers I know do this. They'll put hamstrings with calves for one day and for the second put quads with calves.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Sis I've heard that before to, except I did hamstrings with back. Actually I was thing about that the other day while doing legs. I might do that just to break things up a bit. I already do calves with back and abs with chest.

Quote Originally Posted by wanabbig View Post
    Sis I've heard that before to, except I did hamstrings with back. Actually I was thing about that the other day while doing legs. I might do that just to break things up a bit. I already do calves with back and abs with chest.
    I've always done hams and quads the same day for one reason only.im crippled after every leg day so I'm only crippled after 1 WO not 2.lol

Pushing the Prowler, dragging a Sled and doing hill sprints will make anyones legs blow up. I do the Prowler on days I deadlift. Also, something that works good for me is switching up the rep range in months, for example I'm currently doing a 10 rep phase for squats, this will last 4 weeks. At the end of this phase I'll switch to a 5 rep phase for 4 weeks and then switch to a 3 rep phase for 4 weeks. Form is HUGE for squats, perfect form is more import than weight IMO, if you can squat 300 pounds but your back is bent forward and you cant get very low idk how effective that is and you run the risk of injury.

Hams seem to be the hardest part of my legs to develop, idk why. Quads are so easy to get big tho.