Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: leg help!

Re: leg help!

True that Fit! Smoovy, I'm the other way around, my hams grow but the quads are slow. I think it's been my form and I've been in a rut but I'm changing it up so well see!

Quote Originally Posted by smoovy View Post
    Pushing the Prowler, dragging a Sled and doing hill sprints will make anyones legs blow up. I do the Prowler on days I deadlift. Also, something that works good for me is switching up the rep range in months, for example I'm currently doing a 10 rep phase for squats, this will last 4 weeks. At the end of this phase I'll switch to a 5 rep phase for 4 weeks and then switch to a 3 rep phase for 4 weeks. Form is HUGE for squats, perfect form is more import than weight IMO, if you can squat 300 pounds but your back is bent forward and you cant get very low idk how effective that is and you run the risk of injury.

Hams seem to be the hardest part of my legs to develop, idk why. Quads are so easy to get big tho.
    If you want to hit your hams more, when you squat be sure to duck your feet out. That will take the stress off the hips and put it on the hamstring.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

To me it looks like waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much to recover IF your looking to grow IMO......strap yourself to the rack and squat 5 - 10 reps sets

V.I.P.

Something I didnt see mentioned here so I will say it. If your current program isnt working change it. If you want Bodybuilder style results dont be afraid to do a power lifter routine. You know the old saying "What ever works". Johnnie Jackson is a good example of what you can do by going both ways. (I hope I got his name right) I have read several books that didnt have as much good info about building legs as this thread does. Good luck with your legs and keep us posted.

V.I.P.

lol, Swimming. I have to admit that this is a secret I have kept for a long time. If you want to get the best pump ever on all of your muscles, swim a few laps after your work out. Stay in the shallow end of the pool because the pump will be so hard that you will have to stop and stand up. When I was single I would do that on Friday before I went out Bar Hopping. Try it one time and you will see, it sounds crazy but it works.

well folks I have to say there is a lot of great info on this thread. To date, 3 weeks, I have been ass to ankles with max rep of 8 and doing hams on my back day like I said I would do. WOW has my legs changed! They have grown an inch and I have definition. The quads are out without even straining and you can see a def transition between the hams and quads. I was thinking like someone posted, sorry can't remember the person, but to change up the reps every so often to keep the legs guessing. Folks you all have been a great help! I'll see if I can get some pics posted up here soon!

Thanks!

Remember when you squat to.... sit back, knees out, chest high, and stay tight.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by wanabbig View Post
    well folks I have to say there is a lot of great info on this thread. To date, 3 weeks, I have been ass to ankles with max rep of 8 and doing hams on my back day like I said I would do. WOW has my legs changed! They have grown an inch and I have definition. The quads are out without even straining and you can see a def transition between the hams and quads. I was thinking like someone posted, sorry can't remember the person, but to change up the reps every so often to keep the legs guessing. Folks you all have been a great help! I'll see if I can get some pics posted up here soon!

Thanks!
    Of course they are. What did you expect? Lol.. Ask and you shall receive.!!

V.I.P.

I would say that most of the people here are like me. When I post its not a contest to have a better Idea than anyone else. I try and share a different Idea that has worked for me. Maybe with all the different Ideas you will get one that will work for you too.

Truthfully I have a small set of Ideas and I need more. Thats why I read everything I can thats posted here. I never know which Idea will be the next one that works for me.

Insanity = doing the samething the same way over and over and expecting different results!