Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wife lost her job!

Wife lost her job!

So my wife just can home about an hour ago to tell me that she just lost her job along with everyone else that she works with. She worked for a call center as a manager for 7 years and someone from corporate came in today and told everyone it was their last day that they were shutting that call center down. No Fucking notice or anything, is that even legal to do? I'm just glad that we don't rely on her income, it's more or less her shopping money but there is people that work there that it is there main source of income. There is even a few couples that work there together and have small children, what the hell do they do? What a pile of shit company that does this to people. Does anyone out there know if they have to give any notice or anything?

Re: Wife lost her job!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuelfan View Post
    So my wife just can home about an hour ago to tell me that she just lost her job along with everyone else that she works with. She worked for a call center as a manager for 7 years and someone from corporate came in today and told everyone it was their last day that they were shutting that call center down. No Fucking notice or anything, is that even legal to do? I'm just glad that we don't rely on her income, it's more or less her shopping money but there is people that work there that it is there main source of income. There is even a few couples that work there together and have small children, what the hell do they do? What a pile of shit company that does this to people. Does anyone out there know if they have to give any notice or anything?
    They can do whatever they want, I was asst manager of a gym, was selling memberships the day before, came to work and their is a note on the door saying that the gym was now closed..no notice anything! Right before Christmas, and I felt like shit selling memberships had I known that was coming I never would have, Owner skipped town to Florida all those people with 'lifetime' member ships were screwed.

Corporate America bro. They don't give 2 shits unless its themselves getting fired. It's either they fire everyone they are told....or they get fired.

As far as no notice? Depends on that state u live in. Some states are right to work. They can fire u at any time for no real reason in my state.

Corporate America is ruining this country.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    Corporate America bro. They don't give 2 shits unless its themselves getting fired. It's either they fire everyone they are told....or they get fired.

As far as no notice? Depends on that state u live in. Some states are right to work. They can fire u at any time for no real reason in my state.

True....

depends on the state .. some require a notification ..in most cases the notification is still the same one day ...just they offer a severance for the amount of time necessary for notice. .. the goal is to not have a person working for the company that is soon to be laid off ... too much possible sabotage..
    severance is not required by law . it is usually given for a signature that say " I will not sue for wrong full termination" law suits from employees are 85% found in favor of the employee. so it is cheaper to pay off the lawyer ..

anyhow a group called ALEC have been working on reducing workers rights .. Most people have not heard of these people ..but read what they have managed to get passed on the local level and it is a little scary how effective they have been ...even in the most liberal of states.. So I am suspecting your are in one of those states where the can say ..bye and that is all...

Sorry to here that ...

Kaz ...my brother bough a gym membership and they closed the next day...was that you?
    it was in NH

It depends on the state. If you're in an "at will state" you can be fired for any reason they want. They even don't have to give you a reason. This is why I left corp America because it's bullshit if you ask me. Some CEO wants to give themselves a bonus so they close a division, dept, or whatever.

It gets better... a lot of times they fire you before you're up for retirement so they don't have to pay. They're parasites if you ask me.
    Last edited by SisterSteel; 01-18-2013 at 11:37 PM.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Yeah it's absolute bullshit that they can do that to good hardworking people. My wife was showing me in there handbook that they would like 2 weeks notice before quitting but they gave her like half hour notice before they fired everyone. A girl that my wife works with just had a baby and the dad split and has been back to work for less than a month and now has no job and was struggling as it is. I feel so bad for people like that. Heartless pricks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post

So very true!
    Credentials:
    Masters Degree-Exercise Physiology
    Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist-ACSM

V.I.P.
    That's bullshit for sure. My old super worked for my company 29 years as he was getting ready to retire they told him get your tools ur going back in the field. He said fuck u and they let him go. 29 years and just like that bye bye and no retirement
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big corporations are about profit and pleasing shareholders.I know it sucks for anyone to lose their job but companies are going to do what ever it takes to increase profits.