Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: worlds strongest man competition

worlds strongest man competition

man these guys are incredible! Even my wife loves to watch these competitions with me. She gets all into it and yells at the tv lol.

Last night they squatted 700 lbs. one guy got 11 reps! Beast mode! I couldn't believe my eyes.

Are these guys drug tested ? Or it it like a NPC bb event? I'm not saying these guys aren't strong or impressive by any means....just have a hard time believing they are natty!
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Re: worlds strongest man competition

No, they are not drug tested. Strongmen are the definition of strength athletes. I mean think about it. PLers hold a 800lbs deadlift as a holy grail and those guys rep it. Strongmen lift obnoxiously heavy weights and they're still agile. Watch the medleys. Talk about impressive.

What was so impressive with that 700lbs squat is that the bar didn't spin on it. It was all ONE welded piece. That makes it INCREDIBLY hard to squat.

Big Brian Shaw had problems this WSM b/c of his recent surgery but he'll be back. I don't know how much longer Big Z can still compete. He's been at or near the top for a decade.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    No, they are not drug tested. Strongmen are the definition of strength athletes. I mean think about it. PLers hold a 800lbs deadlift as a holy grail and those guys rep it. Strongmen lift obnoxiously heavy weights and they're still agile. Watch the medleys. Talk about impressive.

What was so impressive with that 700lbs squat is that the bar didn't spin on it. It was all ONE welded piece. That makes it INCREDIBLY hard to squat.

Big Brian Shaw had problems this WSM b/c of his recent surgery but he'll be back. I don't know how much longer Big Z can still compete. He's been at or near the top for a decade.
    Well put Sis. Is the reason a lot of PLs are staring to add in some strongman work into their training. I think Brandon's Cube method does that too. It's so insane to watch those guys. I've got several friends who compete in strongman and it's a trip to watch those guys train let alone compete. One of my prized possessions is a personalized autograph pic of Mammoth Shaw hanging on my gym/garage wall!

Well put sis. I was hoping u would chime in!

Yeah they did the anvil race my jaw was on the floor. To pick up 275 lbs and fucking run with it!?!? Then they would sprint back...... Mad respect !

These guys are very well rounded. to watch a 300+ lb guy be that agile is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
    Well put Sis. Is the reason a lot of PLs are staring to add in some strongman work into their training. I think Brandon's Cube method does that too. It's so insane to watch those guys. I've got several friends who compete in strongman and it's a trip to watch those guys train let alone compete. One of my prized possessions is a personalized autograph pic of Mammoth Shaw hanging on my gym/garage wall!
    His PLing Cube method actually has some Olympic Weightlifting in it which I think is a good idea. I was a Olympic Weightlifter before I transitioned to Powerlifting and MANY of the great lifters use Olympic Weightlifting Assisting lifts in their program. I've been preaching that for over 5 years. Lilly does have a Strongman Cube Method but I haven't had a chance to read that one yet.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    Well put sis. I was hoping u would chime in!

Yeah they did the anvil race my jaw was on the floor. To pick up 275 lbs and fucking run with it!?!? Then they would sprint back...... Mad respect !

These guys are very well rounded. to watch a 300+ lb guy be that agile is crazy.
    These guys are well rounded, some of the best athlete's period!

Here is one of my favorite moments, When Bill Kazmaier wins the silver dollar deadlift, and pulls an extra rep just to say 'in your face'! It's at the end...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgiGNyx8N7w

940# X2 and could have done more...
    Last edited by kazman68; 01-19-2013 at 08:56 PM.

Yea those guys can lift some ungodly weight.....and actually move around with it

Just makes you wonder the toll it takes on the body though.
    When I die I want to be called a friend or family member by everyone I came into contact with!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisotpherm View Post
    Just makes you wonder the toll it takes on the body though.
    I feel pretty risk free from the sofa lol.

I don't know how those guys don't throw their back out or tweak a knee!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    I feel pretty risk free from the sofa lol.

I don't know how those guys don't throw their back out or tweak a knee!
    Lots of Deca... Lol