Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best Chest

Re: Best Chest

Flat bench barbell, Incline db, flat bench db fly, cable cross over

Quote Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
    To me reps are way more in real life then a 1 time max anyway bro.
    Preach man. I get it of you are a power lifter for one rep to max, buy for body molding I'm essence all about the rep ratio and form imo for the preferred outcome.

Guys ask me all the time what is my max and I say heck if I know. I workout and go up in weight when its time or I'm ready. I will only go up if my form is coincided with it. No reason to add weight if you look like you are being shocked with a tazer to get it up.

Usually I don't pay much attention but the other day I caught myself laughing out loud at this hit that looked like he had Tourette's. The weight was so heavy he was shaking, rocking and his facial changes looked like he was going to turn into some magical animal at any point and I couldn't help but laugh at him. He caught me laughing and looked at me like what bro, I just took off my hoodie and asked if he needed a spot and he calmed down quick. Lol. Note to self, never look up again to offend someone, got it! Lol.
    When I die I want to be called a friend or family member by everyone I came into contact with!!!

V.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisotpherm View Post
    Preach man. I get it of you are a power lifter for one rep to max, buy for body molding I'm essence all about the rep ratio and form imo for the preferred outcome.

Guys ask me all the time what is my max and I say heck if I know. I workout and go up in weight when its time or I'm ready. I will only go up if my form is coincided with it. No reason to add weight if you look like you are being shocked with a tazer to get it up.

Usually I don't pay much attention but the other day I caught myself laughing out loud at this hit that looked like he had Tourette's. The weight was so heavy he was shaking, rocking and his facial changes looked like he was going to turn into some magical animal at any point and I couldn't help but laugh at him. He caught me laughing and looked at me like what bro, I just took off my hoodie and asked if he needed a spot and he calmed down quick. Lol. Note to self, never look up again to offend someone, got it! Lol.
    Funny man funny

Technically a one rep max is supposed to be based off your max rep % So if you can do 225 for 3x10 sets then your 1 rep max would be % and equal out to 350 1 rep max. seen a chart on it somewhere I will post it if I can find it. But for me my max would be what I can do 3 times after my last set of chest workouts. I also prefer to go down slow and explode up. guys at gym marvel how deep I go on DB bench with 130lbs DB I also flex chest and pause at the top pushing all the blood into chest before I come back down 4x12 set

Sounds good in theory but when i was repping 225 both wide and close grip, i maxed out 320 and that was tough. 350 maybr with bounce + spotter. Ive never used a spotter so perhaps thats why.

V.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister613 View Post
    Sounds good in theory but when i was repping 225 both wide and close grip, i maxed out 320 and that was tough. 350 maybr with bounce + spotter. Ive never used a spotter so perhaps thats why.
    I was not exact on that number because I do not have the chart but it is close to 320 I am sure.
    When I used to be able to Rep 360 my 3 rep was 420 but now I do not lift that heavy anymore I concentrate on slow controlled movements. I was also only 205 at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by towing View Post
    Funny man funny

Technically a one rep max is supposed to be based off your max rep % So if you can do 225 for 3x10 sets then your 1 rep max would be % and equal out to 350 1 rep max. seen a chart on it somewhere I will post it if I can find it. But for me my max would be what I can do 3 times after my last set of chest workouts. I also prefer to go down slow and explode up. guys at gym marvel how deep I go on DB bench with 130lbs DB I also flex chest and pause at the top pushing all the blood into chest before I come back down 4x12 set
    That equation is somewhat accurate but the more reps you perform with a weight the more inaccurate the 1RM will be. I'd take it with a grain of salt.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisotpherm View Post

LOL I get asked that all the time to and I say I don't know and they look at me "like really!" Glad I'm not the only one LOL