Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Chest

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    Incline Bench & Incline DB Fly
    Think I'm with you here.

Just to throw this in. A buddy of mine that just had shoulder surgery 2 months ago posted on FB he just did a 500 raw and a 805 raw bench with a Titan single ply.

Re: Best Chest

Quote Originally Posted by Fit Guru View Post
    Just to throw this in. A buddy of mine that just had shoulder surgery 2 months ago posted on FB he just did a 500 raw and a 805 raw bench with a Titan single ply.
    If you bench properly, it doesn't hurt your shoulders. Quite the contrary. You can also use a bamboo bar to help strengthen your shoulders (attach bands and kettlebells to the bar).

That's truly an amazing bench in a single ply.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

I'm not sure what records he holds but I'm sure it's most of them. Harley Timbs is his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Fit Guru View Post
    I'm not sure what records he holds but I'm sure it's most of them. Harley Timbs is his name.
    He's ranked 5th in his weight class and 15th of all time. You have some serious lifters in your circle.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

IDK if its a biceps tendon issue or a tater cuff thingy....but it hurts I do know that, during bench.
    Anyways finally got around to getting a jump stretch band, the red one from 35-105 Lbs. Im using this doing a (modified) cross over. Modified staying inside the ROM that dosnt produce pain. Pull it in and hold, then the negative. 4x10 each arm. Will see how this does me.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
    IDK if its a biceps tendon issue or a tater cuff thingy....but it hurts I do know that, during bench.
    Anyways finally got around to getting a jump stretch band, the red one from 35-105 Lbs. Im using this doing a (modified) cross over. Modified staying inside the ROM that dosnt produce pain. Pull it in and hold, then the negative. 4x10 each arm. Will see how this does me.
    Ouch! I've been down that path myself and can feel your pain! Another exercise that worked real well for me is putting my elbow shoulder high on something stationary and with a very light DB at first and rotate your arm horizontal to vertical concentrating on the rotator and not trying to power it up, only rotation. I do what you just mentioned and the exercise I just said EVERY TIME I walk into the gym, even on leg day. I have absolutely zero pain anymore. Good luck and get that sucker strong!

Much thanks FF. Will add that in as of Today!
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

When it comes to size, 6-8 reps work best for me, coincidentally that is also where i'm the strongest. There's many guys that are my size but have a higher flat pr, but they can't flat bench 315X8-9. For whatever reason, maybe how i've trained over the years, my max sucks, but i'm strong in the 6-8 rep range.

Whiskey

To me reps are way more in real life then a 1 time max anyway bro.
    Henry Ford