Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Think you can Squat?

Re: Think you can Squat?

thanks for posting those vids. I have seen some good ones with team supertraining as well

Good vids, thanks for posting

any other recommended squat vids? Most are either too short or too wordy for my taste.

Great videos. Dude goes deep in squat. Like it.
    When I die I want to be called a friend or family member by everyone I came into contact with!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    How to deadlift.......

Sister
    That vid looks like it would destroy my lower back, I've always had lower back problems most my life, even before I ever lifted. I gotta be SUPER careful on deads and squats or I jack up my lower back and it screws up my whole program for a couple of weeks. I cringe watching that guy's technique and form doing deads, I think that would put me on the floor in the fetal position for the rest of the day...

Pulling sumo doesn't put much stress on the lower back at all. It's actually more leg work than back. What's hard about it is externally rotating your knees (turning them out) and having serious hip flexibility to get into that position. You'll need to foam roll your IT bands, adductors, abductors, etc to help get into position.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Pulling sumo doesn't put much stress on the lower back at all. It's actually more leg work than back. What's hard about it is externally rotating your knees (turning them out) and having serious hip flexibility to get into that position. You'll need to foam roll your IT bands, adductors, abductors, etc to help get into position.
    Nicely said Ms Steel. I lift both sumo and conventional depending on the day and my mood.

Sister great post. Love it since I'm 6'5". Gave me a new look at it properly. Will be switching sons shit up. Thanks.

But the the teeter-todder part, it looks like he sort of pulls back with his back to get that teeter-todder motion. Whenever I do deads I don't pull back at all cause it puts stress on my lower back, so instead of ending with a slant I just end in a straight line, in fact I actually keep my chin down to force more focus on my abs and to keep that straight line. I think I learned that from diesel strength.

I remember watching these. All of them. They're so informational and good. I learned a lot when I began to box squat.