Thread: Anabolic or Catabolic state?

Anabolic or Catabolic state?

This is almost the most important thing when it comes to exercise and weight loss. Many practicing and trying to get stronger, gain more muscle or indeed burn more fat. Say they spend 2-3 hours in the gym every day! But they only eat 2-3 times a day and they skip breakfast. Then take them why they lose muscle mass and actually increased in body fat. It is because of that they end up in a catabolic state. All athletes, or just a person who trains seriously in general want the constantly be in an anabolic state. It wants you too! But what is the difference between catabolic and anabolic state, and how do you avoid the catabolic state?

Catabolic state

In simplest form, the catabolism to the metabolic breakdown of complex molecules into simpler ones, often resulting in a release of energy. Some more simple, it means that due to lack of adequate nutrition, the body begins to burn its muscle tissue for energy, and starts storing energy in fat tissue because it has gone into starvation mode. It's something you definitely do not want to end up where you want to build strength and muscle or lose weight.

Anabolic state

Anabolism is the opposite of catabolism, so instead of breaking down the molecules, so it builds them up. Anabolism requires energy to function, unlike catabolism that converts your muscles for energy. For the body to go into an anabolic state, it must consume a thermal energy source. Thus, fats and proteins. Carbohydrates works but a fat and / or protein-rich foods are more natural for the body to convert into energy for a long time and then it must not be an insulin supplement of fatty foods of starchy foods. So the body will use it as energy for the muscles instead of saving it in fat cells.
    Let's say you had dinner the night before about 19 times. Now, at 7 o'clock in the morning, you take your coffee and go to work. By now, you have not eaten for 12 hours. What this means is that your metabolism is off, it was already about 4-5 hours after you last ate, your body will store the energy. Will not your body energy soon, it starts to literally eat itself. You have entered a catabolic state. It does this because the body's vital organs need energy to survive. Your body will require energy whatever you give it food or not, and in a catabolic state, the body uses the muscles as an energy source and not your fat as you might hope for. The body will actually try to store more fat as soon as they get the chance, because it is in survival mode and preparing for the next time you "starve".

Now you're probably not even hungry, your body has been without power for so long that it looks the catabolic state as natural and the body gets its energy from your muscles. But when you finally eat so wake up the body's metabolism to life. But now thinking your body, it's time to save energy that you eat and it will store as much of the energy that can be in your fat cells. Then especially if you eat a food that increases insulin there. So starchy foods. Would you then stand in the way and work out for 2 hours in your catabolic state, you would just break down muscles even more and all the time you spend on training is wasted. Even worse, if you were to drink a carbohydrate-fueled "pre training 'drink,' you would only replenish your fat cells and only a small part of the energy would be spent on training. Plus, the low exercise would increase your catabolic state by cortisol production that occurs after about 45 minutes of training.

V.I.P.
    Good post. For the longest time I would wake up at 2:30 an for work and not eat anything till 9 o clock. Always felt like shit and that's definitely y
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Anabolic or Catabolic state?

There are some crazy studies that show being in a catabolic state isn't always a bad thing. It causes a increased release of GH which is why some recommend intermittent fasting (like 1 day a week). I don't hold to that idea and I'm not planning on giving it a try to see if you can lean out a little while holding onto muscle.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Yeah when I first became a drill sergeant, waking up at 0345 pushing all day long to 10 or 11pm my eating regime was all jacked up. Continually sick, muscle was a good idea than a reality. Finally after my second training cycle I figured it out. Till this day I make my food on a sat or sun night and pack them in biggies or containers, throw the in the freezer and walk around a little cooler all day. My buddies make fun of me, I just turn back om them and say at least I don't look like a female drill sergeant and they usually shut up then. Lol.
    When I die I want to be called a friend or family member by everyone I came into contact with!!!

So much for the health benefits of Intermittent Fasting eh???

Hooray for eggs "Thus, fats and proteins. Carbohydrates works but a fat and / or protein-rich foods are more natural for the body to convert into energy for a long time and then it must not be an insulin supplement of fatty foods of starchy foods"

V.I.P.

You can actually work out to much and put yourself in a catabolic state that way too. I have a Timer that I turn on and limit my work out to one hour on most days, sometimes an hour and a half but thats all.

Good article the information is much needed!