Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help sleeping!!

Need help sleeping!!

I could really use some help getting some sleep. I don't know what the hell is wrong with me but I haven't been sleeping at all lately. I lay in bed and I can remember the whole night. Because of my job I can't take Ambien or anything like that so i'm thinking i'm needing something natural, any suggestions? Thanks for your help!

Re: Need help sleeping!!

Are you stressed out at all for any reason? Stress could be messing with your ability to relax fall asleep and stay asleep. If you got some stress going on I'd suggest going to get some therapeutic massage along with working on whatever is stressing you out bro.

Yeah brother I got a shit ton of stress going on but I don't see that going away anytime soon!

I use a sleep/recovery supplement. Here's the ones that have helped a lot.
    Animal PM
    MRI Red Repair
    Westside Performance Nutrition Escape

I alternate from month to month so I don't get too use to one blend.

Try some melatonin at 3-9mg with a cup of valerian root tea.

Diphenhydramine . I take it every night

Oh and if your on clenbuterol it keeps your receptors clean.

Here are a few OTC supplements you can take to aid in falling and staying asleep:

1. VALERIAN
    Most experts recommended this herb to reduce the amount of time it takes to nod off. Valerian seems to have sedative properties, and it may increase the amount of GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid), a compound in the brain that prevents the transmission of nerve impulses.

2. 5-HTP
    A compound derived from the amino acid L-tryptophan, the supplement also is used to enhance mood and decrease appetite. 5-HTP acts as a precursor to serotonin, which is a neurotransmitter that is essential for a good night’s sleep. “It is better than L-tryptophan because 5-HTP can cross the blood-brain barrier and thus increase serotonin in the brain.” A small 2009 study of 18 people found that those who took a product combining 5-HTP and GABA needed less time to fall asleep, slept longer and reported improved sleep quality.

3. MELATONIN
    A hormone that regulates the normal sleep/wake cycle, “melatonin can be used in supplement form as an occasional sleep aid, and is especially effective against jet lag. When combined with light therapy, melatonin helps minimize nighttime restlessness in elderly dementia patients, according to a 2008 study.

4. MAGNESIUM
    Along with contributing to a good night’s sleep, this light, silvery metallic element is an oft-overlooked nutrient that helps maintain normal muscle and nerve function, keeps heart rhythm steady, supports a healthy immune system, and keeps bones strong. Magnesium also helps regulate blood sugar levels, and promotes normal blood pressure. Lack of magnesium inhibits nerve cell communication, which leads to cell excitability. The result: a stressed and nervous person. Several studies show that magnesium can improve sleep quality and reduce nocturnal awakenings.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Thanks for your help! Not much worse than walking around like a zombie all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fit Guru View Post
    Oh and if your on clenbuterol it keeps your receptors clean.
    I do this^^^ 1 every night, I have had anxiety,insomnia problems, between that and my prescribed 1 mg of klonopin It's much better.