Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deadlift Advice....

Re: Deadlift Advice....

Shooting your hips through if done correctly can also "bump" the bar enough to slide past that sticking point without hitching. As Ms Steel shared..it's not a matter of how far back you can bend!

Nice advice Ms Steel.

Love me some dead lifts.

V.I.P.

Thanks for thr info on the lock out position, Sister Steel! I usually try and do my lifts, what ever they are, with good form. Thats impossible when you dont know what good form is or whats expected during a contest. I can see I am going to have to work on this, Thanks.

I agree with numbers 2 and 3. Watch the big boys deadlift like konstantin Konstantinovs and benedikt magnusson. Shoulders over the bar a tad is not bad. It's natural.

V.I.P.

Woo Hoo Last night I finally got back to 405 for reps. Yes it was only 2 reps but it was 2 good reps with no bounceing at the bottom. Well I did cheat a little it was romanian dead lifts but thats a good number considering I had a 9 month lay off, because of work, and have been working on this for about 5 weeks now. At the same time my squat is back up to 365 for 4 reps. I going for 500 plus on both of these. Us old guys get excited over these light weights all the time, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by red crayon View Post
    Woo Hoo Last night I finally got back to 405 for reps. Yes it was only 2 reps but it was 2 good reps with no bounceing at the bottom. Well I did cheat a little it was romanian dead lifts but thats a good number considering I had a 9 month lay off, because of work, and have been working on this for about 5 weeks now. At the same time my squat is back up to 365 for 4 reps. I going for 500 plus on both of these. Us old guys get excited over these light weights all the time, lol.
    405lbs is great. Something you can do to switch it up and make it bit more difficult is to try RDL's with a snatch grip (a very wide grip). The snatch grip will increase the ROM and also bring your lats into play.

And a 500lbs pull and back squat are very respectable numbers at any age.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.