Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do people do that pisses you off the most in the gym?

What do people do that pisses you off the most in the gym?

Check this, I was at the gym today and some douche decides its OK to use the bench area for their crazy cardio acrobatic shit, not only that, he came into the sauna but naked balls hangin.....not kool bro not kool!

There's too many to list myself, so come on guys share your frustration.

Uses the squat rack for 30-40 min. So lame. This dude was enormous tho so I couldn't argue

Re: What do people do that pisses you off the most in the gym?

Sitting on a bench or at the barbell military press and holding a full on conversation... ON THE PHONE.
    Just one. More. Rep...

Oh! Oh! May I go again?

Thank you.

Disturbing a lifter in the middle of a lift! Pisses me the fuck off! Let me share...

So I'm squatting and feeling Ronnie Coleman/Branch Warren like on this particular day. You know the kind of day at the gym where you feel invincible? Where you think, "Man, everything came together for THIS very moment". I was slapping plates on the bar, put it on my shoulders, step back and put my ass to the floor. 10 reps. BAM! On either side 3 plates...

...4 plates...

...5 plates!!!

I had never done 5 plates. I was back. I was feeling it! I gotta push it. Its the only way, right? 6 plates on either side. 12 total!

Knees wrapped. Breathing normal. Legs shaky, but good. If I can push this to 6 reps then I'm the man. I get under it, a huge guy walks over to spot me (without me asking), the music is good in my ears. I stand, the bar bends across my shoulders and I go down, I come up and my legs are screaming! I go down again and...!!!

A woman comes over, waves her hand in my face to get my attention and is mouthing words. I barely make it back up, rack the weights. I pull my earbud outta my ear and say, "What?!" She says...

"I wanted to know if you were using these weights over here."

I walked into the locker room, get dressed and went the fuck home.

Thanks LA Fitness.
    Just one. More. Rep...

V.I.P.
    Take 40 minutes to do a a 3 set bench that should take no more than 10 or 15 that's my biggest complaint people take way to much break time in between sets I like to get in knock it out go home
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yell like they are taking a shit when they are doing a rep!!! This big lug is so loud you can hear him anywhere in the gym

Bigmike

No homo... this guy that doesn't wear boxers. He only wear basketball shorts while free balling. You ask... Mike how do you know that? Because he always gets a boner watching himself lift in the mirror. He's only embarrassing himself with a little roll of quarters... but at least he's happy with his progress... very happy apparently.

It pisses me off when people use weights and equipment and then just leave everything sitting there when they are done. Im not your mother, put away your shit! I also cant stand when people are not considerate of others, your are not the only person in the gym, have some manners. Lastly is the bro that has bad BO or left his shirt in the washer for to long so now that he is breaking a sweat he reeks of Mildew. I have actually told a guy that he stinks and should leave the gym. I cant workout properly if I have to breath in your nasty funk.

Right now Im on Tren so a lot of things are pissing me off. I just have to step back, breath and think to myself that it would not be appropriate to monkey stomp some jackass in the middle of the gym.

Gentlemen, you are all so correct. That is exactly why I have built a home gym in my garage! I just don't know what goes through most people's heads any more. Intolerable!!
    Mattingly is a fictitious role-playing character. Kind of like Dungeons & Dragons...but for really big, cool people! Not only does Mattingly not take AAS, I doubt he could spell AAS.

Sherk
    What bugs me the most is three things that happen quite frequently.
    1: motherfuckers curling in the squat rack
    2: motherfuckers stinking like a fucking cigarette
    3: motherfuckers pulling db from the rack then curling right I front of it so you have to tell them to get the fuck out of the way to put them back or grab another.
    4: dumb ass kids asking me if I can get them "roids"
    5: fat asses and skeletors asking me what my secret is and interrupting my focus to ask for advice. I'm not a fucking trainer or nutritionist.

Ok that was more than three but I swear its almost a daily thing. I switched to working out at 5am to avoid those situations. Now I just get the occasional old fat fuck asking me how they can achieve a better physique and actually start loosing weight. I usually point them in the direction of the trainers desk and say they'll be here by 7am. Lol