Thread: Are we too far gone from humanity to get it back?

Are we too far gone from humanity to get it back?

During the past month mid Jan to now I have had much time to reflect on our society; where it is currently, where it is heading and why things are the way they are. It's very heart breaking to see the land of the free in such disarray, emotionless, evil, dark and uncaring about the fellow man.

Why have we allowed it to get this way?

Where did things go wrong?

How do we fix humanity

I believe that due to the moral compass that has been given by politics, religious leaders and business leaders we the people have lost the since to feel. We don't feel because we are afraid that someone is out to get us, take what we have, something is owed to us, offended so easily by hearing the truth so we make excuses for bad behavior. WHY? What happened to being there for one another, opening the door for someone, saying yes ma'am and yes sir, treating others as would like to be treated, exposing those to the world who are corrupt or hurtful, dealing with crime the way it should be (fair and impartial), telling our children no you didn't do good today you failed, and not allowing anyone to go without? I could go on with making a list but I only get more frustrated and emotions come into play when I do. Have we lost ourselves? Have we lost the ability to decipher what should be morals and what is ethical and unethical? I don't think so, I believe we just don't care.

Think about it. What if we stopped allowing the government and we all know social media to be the basis of our decisions. What if we told our children the truth that they failed, you didn't give enough to make the team and allowed the sport to be won and rewarded as it should be instead of everyone gets a trophy. What if stopped being soooooo freaking sensitive and actually reflected upon our decided actions and take responsibility for the wrong we did instead of making excuses to get our way. What if allowed our hearts to become warm and showed love to everyone around us, would it not cause a ripple affect that could possibly change our world back to the way I believe it was designed to be, to be a friend, brother, mother, sister father etc... to everyone around us then would there be any more crime or need for government to dictate our actions and abilities? No. I am a father and a husband and I get extremely frustrated with the way parents cop out on their kids today. They allow them to watch and listen to whatever they want and then are mentally confused as to why we have school shooting, teen pregnancy, drug addictions and why our children don't mind us. Being a parent is hard work. I am in the military plus am currently on drill sergeant duty, however on my ride home from work I literally speak to myself "be kind, be loving, be understanding", so that I can be the best dad as well as husband I can be regardless of work/life stress or how tired I am. I tell myself "dude you have one chance to be a dad today, as tomorrow you can change today". I come home and instead of vegetating in front of the tv I spend at least two hours with my son doing whatever he wants to do, mentoring him, telling him he is wrong if need be or that is a character of a looser don't be like that, loving and hugging him. My son has severe ADHD and he really tries my nerves with his energy and lets be honest his mouth. He gets loose at the lip a lot and I discipline not allow it to grow and become a typical leech on society. NO WAY!!! What my point is here is dad and moms, we have one chance to be a positive influence on our children, then they grow up and there gone then we can either watch them flourish or watch them be a pathetic citizen.

Moving on to being a husband or wife. Many times we can always point the finger at the other and say it’s their fault, I want a divorce or stay in our ways that doesn’t contribute to a conducive relationship. I will share about my marriage on this. I was married at 20yrs old, joined the Army at 21, went to basic, spent five months in job specific schools, my son was born at the end of the school, graduated moved to my first duty assignment and six months later was in Iraq during OIF II. When I returned I was jacked way up from what I say and experienced. Due to me already being a husband and dad, I pushed hard for success in my career, put them on the back burner for several years till I got to a rank where I was the decision maker. After reaching this I realized that I had a broken hurt marriage and it was all my fault. My wife spirit was crushed and I had a six year old child that I barely even knew. I could have said oh well I doing what I know to do to take care of and keep my same speed. However my decisions are based upon what would Christ do and would he love her. I begin to transform mentally in a way that I had to confront some of my darkest demons that lay wait with big swords. It took me about six months to get my rage, anger and selfishness under control. However when I did I became a hero, my wife was in love with me and my son adored me.
    What am I saying here? What are we doing in this life with our marriages? We date and it’s pure ecstasy then we marry, find out who they really are begin to become bitter. Why? Because we don’t change for one another. Our thought process is well if you change I will change. NO! Let me tell you something, during my new walk my wife didn’t change one bit. She was angry, rude, abusive in language and my son wanted nothing to do with me. However I stayed the course for me! I wanted to be better husband, father, lover and human. After the six months I would say about nine months after that my wife broke down her heart walls and what a wonderful woman she is. So if you do decide to live for your marriage than yourself know that it’s a marathon not a sprint.
    Marriage today is no more than like dating. What I mean by this is we get married, enjoy the honeymoon years, then reality of life sets in and then we divorce. Not only does it effect our hearts but the children we have. What are we saying to them, that it’s ok when things get tough in your relationship to just bail out? Sure is. We really need to think about this as to the main point where is our moral compass. Trust me, there were many times during the past 10yrs when the D talk came up and one time it almost happened. However I looked at what could I do to change this train wreck and so glad I did. I hear many folks say “I’m just set in my ways, either you like me for who I am or go away”. What a copout. We evolve everyday mentally where you want to agree or not, we do! We change our thought process at work to be successful or meet the bosses intent, change our clothes, the cars we buy, what we purchase based upon current need, yet we say we can’t change for our marriage. Sad. I literally when I get off work talk to myself before I get to the house and remind myself to be loving, kind and understanding. When I walk through door I am just me and a dad. I do whatever I can to focus my energy and thoughts on my family. I don’t touch my forums or answer questions until right before bed. This shows my wife and son that they take center place in my life. I will stop the rant here as I am sure your eyes are hurting. Know this we can choose the easy way out in marriage or we can dig in, set up a foundation and build a castle of love that will never fail!

Lastly to be a better friend to the world. I know our society is jacked up and I am not say be super here nice person to try to affect the world. NO!! ! Work on affecting your circle of reach, at work, home, school, gym etc…, your immediate reach. Then by what you do will be contagious, trust me. I use to be a walking demon. After I came back from my deployment I had no feelings, no sense of caring, heartless and mean. When I begin to change my home life I looked at how that work and began to change everything else. I am glad I did. People at work respected me more, did what I said without having to be vicious (mind your there are those that will never get and you have to put your boot down as well that is the way they are and they are never going to change right)? LOL. I begin to see that those who were under me lives changed then those who allowed themselves changed, then those around them changed and it creates a wave affect. You roll in with change go out, they roll in with their change, roll out and so forth. It was amazing to see an evolution if you will of my Soldiers. They loved me yet respected me, and the bad eggs where dealt with accordingly.
    When I was out and about with those I could touch I showed love for humanity, showed a kind approach to everything I did and said and over time watched them to soften and began to affect those around them.

To sum it up is we are not to far gone, we just have to be willing to be reached. Allowing our “set ways” to be changed for the better of our world. There will always be evil people because people that have evil intentions always will either be changed or dealt with by the kinder folks and will extradite themselves away from our society. So today think about what you can do to be a difference maker first in your house if you are married or not and have kids. If you are divorced ok, so what, begin to change where you are now and become a more loving person and watch the waves become beautiful.
    Dig deep in a mindset that I am going to change society by not allowing others to govern my thoughts but by making a decision to allow yourself to think with a heart. I hope you don’t see this as a rant but more of me reaching out to find another hand I can grab and pull to reality of friendship and with due time in trust family. We can change this world one person at time, one marriage at a time, one work place at a time, one gym at a time then we have made our life worth living and will find that we will never have to worry about anything because those around us are watching our backs to speak to help get us through.
    I hope this touches your heart and know that I am here for you all, just had a moment of thought and had to get it out.

Re: Are we too far gone from humanity to get it back?

Hopefully you can feel my heart on this one family!

Great read brother, I often wonder the same thing myself. I don't think anything will get better honestly. We have taken God out of our schools and government and without him we are nothing. It's just my opinion, but I think till we bring God back into our Nation, EVIL wil have its' way in every form and fashion.

Very well written, people have become so selfish and greedy, the employee at wal-mart who got trampled by a crowd just so they could get their 'gifts'. Poor guy died at Christmas, we all need to take a second and pause at how we have been blessed, I agree this govt is plain shit, but take a second out of your day just to say/do something nice, you may never know how much that means to a person..I was the ultimate ugly duckling when I was younger, and got made fun of, the words this teenage girl said to me were such a comfort, as she ran her fingers through my hair. I can remember it to this day, and that was 35+ yrs ago...Take care of your fellow man.

V.I.P.

Chris you would be surprised at how many people have the same thoughts that you expresed in your post. What can we do to make a difference? I dont know but I do know how to start. I do this every day and it has amazing results. I try and say Hey and or wave to everyone I come in contact with. Just that one simple thing can make a great change. Your kids are a little harder to deal with but, Chris, You are on the right path. Make time for them, try and make them feel like it is important to you that you talk to them every day. Include your partner here too. I make sure I say something good to my wife every day! I sometimes go and see my kids, they are all grown up, for no reason. They come and see me sometimes because they want too, thats all. We are all friends. How many families are like that? Is this the answer to all the problems in the world? I dont know but its a good start. Chris thanks for your post! Some days I cry after work because I feel like Im the only person who cares. What do I care about? I dont know. Is it because I have some brain damage, I really do, I dont know. Still I keep going, doing my best to help make a difference. Chris just know your not alone and thanks!

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Chris...that read did touch my heart as well as my wifes when I read it to her. I wanted to add this to your post to keep this thread alive as it is a reminder that the only thing we truly have control of in life is ourselves, we have no control over anything or anybody else...so we need to focus on what we can change in ourselves that in turn will create that infectuous desire for others to do the same...and if they don't that too is out of our control. It starts with yourself, family, friends, and so on...but I would like to share something I read today that fits right in...

"Life is what you make of it. Today, you can do what you want to do and gently steer clear of everything else. The Universe stands ready to fulfill desires you didn't even know you have because you opt to stay focused on Spirit...Higher Power...Source...whatever you choose to call the Great Invisible Everything. In doing so, you are continuously guided to your highest good. Most important, you're having a love affair with the greatest love of all...what could be better than that?

If you are asking, "Sounds good! How do I start?"...my answer is to start where you are; Love will meet you there. Stay in gratitude for everything. It will change your perspective, uplift every outcome, and bring about a shift in consciousness that sends life's goodness your way.

Stop complaining that what you have is not enough. Get busy and make the most of it! In changing your outlook, you will find many ways to move forward. Don't compare yourself to others. Start from where you are, with what you have, and patiently do what is in front of you. Doors will open...there is no limit to where you can go! Start today. Put one foot in front of the other and just start.

Your joy is waiting for you!!!

Chris it isn't too late, if we all just started working on ourselves, and stop worrying about what others are doing, then we have started to change. Like my wife has on our wall of "Goals"

"Be the change you want to see in the world!!!"

I too am a father and husband, two daughters and an internet world that can be so evil, deceptive, tempting, and dishonest that we as dads have our work cut out for us. I have been through some hell, and more hell with my oldest teenage daughter due to Facebook, internet, bullshit reality shows on TV...but instead of pointing the fingers at them and blaming...we need to do what we have control over and that is teach our kids about these things, as like my dad has said many times before..."The human race is too immature for the technology we have created!"

One more thought to leave you all...my brothers and my new family here on MC...

"We must instill into the mind the fundamental proposition that good is without bounds!!!"

Change begins with us individually!!!

Thanks again Chris for your eloquent read...we truly share the same values, morals, and ethics bro!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ecto View Post
    Great read brother, I often wonder the same thing myself. I don't think anything will get better honestly. We have taken God out of our schools and government and without him we are nothing. It's just my opinion, but I think till we bring God back into our Nation, EVIL wil have its' way in every form and fashion.
    Quote Originally Posted by kazman68 View Post
    Very well written, people have become so selfish and greedy, the employee at wal-mart who got trampled by a crowd just so they could get their 'gifts'. Poor guy died at Christmas, we all need to take a second and pause at how we have been blessed, I agree this govt is plain shit, but take a second out of your day just to say/do something nice, you may never know how much that means to a person..I was the ultimate ugly duckling when I was younger, and got made fun of, the words this teenage girl said to me were such a comfort, as she ran her fingers through my hair. I can remember it to this day, and that was 35+ yrs ago...Take care of your fellow man.
    Quote Originally Posted by red crayon View Post
    Chris you would be surprised at how many people have the same thoughts that you expresed in your post. What can we do to make a difference? I dont know but I do know how to start. I do this every day and it has amazing results. I try and say Hey and or wave to everyone I come in contact with. Just that one simple thing can make a great change. Your kids are a little harder to deal with but, Chris, You are on the right path. Make time for them, try and make them feel like it is important to you that you talk to them every day. Include your partner here too. I make sure I say something good to my wife every day! I sometimes go and see my kids, they are all grown up, for no reason. They come and see me sometimes because they want too, thats all. We are all friends. How many families are like that? Is this the answer to all the problems in the world? I dont know but its a good start. Chris thanks for your post! Some days I cry after work because I feel like Im the only person who cares. What do I care about? I dont know. Is it because I have some brain damage, I really do, I dont know. Still I keep going, doing my best to help make a difference. Chris just know your not alone and thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleAddiction View Post
    Chris...that read did touch my heart as well as my wifes when I read it to her. I wanted to add this to your post to keep this thread alive as it is a reminder that the only thing we truly have control of in life is ourselves, we have no control over anything or anybody else...so we need to focus on what we can change in ourselves that in turn will create that infectuous desire for others to do the same...and if they don't that too is out of our control. It starts with yourself, family, friends, and so on...but I would like to share something I read today that fits right in...

"Life is what you make of it. Today, you can do what you want to do and gently steer clear of everything else. The Universe stands ready to fulfill desires you didn't even know you have because you opt to stay focused on Spirit...Higher Power...Source...whatever you choose to call the Great Invisible Everything. In doing so, you are continuously guided to your highest good. Most important, you're having a love affair with the greatest love of all...what could be better than that?

If you are asking, "Sounds good! How do I start?"...my answer is to start where you are; Love will meet you there. Stay in gratitude for everything. It will change your perspective, uplift every outcome, and bring about a shift in consciousness that sends life's goodness your way.

Stop complaining that what you have is not enough. Get busy and make the most of it! In changing your outlook, you will find many ways to move forward. Don't compare yourself to others. Start from where you are, with what you have, and patiently do what is in front of you. Doors will open...there is no limit to where you can go! Start today. Put one foot in front of the other and just start.

Your joy is waiting for you!!!

Chris it isn't too late, if we all just started working on ourselves, and stop worrying about what others are doing, then we have started to change. Like my wife has on our wall of "Goals"

"Be the change you want to see in the world!!!"

I too am a father and husband, two daughters and an internet world that can be so evil, deceptive, tempting, and dishonest that we as dads have our work cut out for us. I have been through some hell, and more hell with my oldest teenage daughter due to Facebook, internet, bullshit reality shows on TV...but instead of pointing the fingers at them and blaming...we need to do what we have control over and that is teach our kids about these things, as like my dad has said many times before..."The human race is too immature for the technology we have created!"

One more thought to leave you all...my brothers and my new family here on MC...

"We must instill into the mind the fundamental proposition that good is without bounds!!!"

Change begins with us individually!!!

Thanks again Chris for your eloquent read...we truly share the same values, morals, and ethics bro!!!
    WOW my brothers it always reassuring to know that there are others out there reaching out to a cold society. I am glad that you all didn't take this in a negative mindset as it does seems hopeless during my thoughts, however it also give us an opportunity to wake up everyday and be who we want to be unaffected by what the world tries to make us be.

We all have been through times of despair, hopelessness, anger and I just don't care, and to me that is what makes us better suited to reach the world who needs us to help pull them through. My brothers some times I struggle with writing my heart however I feel that if I don't I might have missed an opportunity and appointed time a person needed to know they are loved. It's easy to keep our happiness inside and safe and sometimes scary at the thought of opening up and letting someone in. However we have all been through a lot since we took our first breath and I pray that when we take our last we breath out peacefully knowing we did all we could to help if even one person pull through to true happiness.