Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossfit

Crossfit

I bodybuild and am always trying to get bigger and stronger. I was gifted a free crossfit membership where I live ($165/month). Really nice facility too btw. Best in the city. How would I incorporate this into my week of training? I DO NOT want to get weaker/smaller. I typically train 4 days a week. Heavy lifting. Any suggestions?

You would have to go talk to them and do their entry training thing where they judge your level of training (crossfit wise). You will have high volume plyo/cardio days. Then high rep med weight super setted type days which are more like a relay. Then they will usually incorporate a heavy lifting day focusing on one lift each time.

As you advance the level of training does. Which is why the average person their looks like a normal runner type but the advance men and women usually look more built and more cut in and athletic way.

In one month you would prob just make it through with some good heart pounding cardio and such. The Olympic lift will prob be light but high rep. I would get there workout schedule and see what days they are doing each WOD (workout of the day). Use it before or after BB workout to warm up or/and burn cals.

It only means more calories haha. Sounds so difficult attached to what I'm already doing

HEAD MC MOD - SUPER VIP - Foundation Member - Leader of The Wolf Pack Motherf@#$%ers! ordawg1's Avatar

Re: Crossfit

It will kick your ASS !! Kinda like Sealfit-is some INTENSE stuff.Makes the Insanity program look like girl scouts.Plus-where you live-the ppl are CRAZY about that stuff LOL-OD

If anything on an off day just to burn some cals. But yeah the crossfit thing is more of a regiment change...hard to work in with BB'n. Goes well if you want to lift heavy several days and be conditioned as well. The explosive type exercises they do help with lifts similar to how Westside doea a heavy day and a speed/explosive day just with a shit load of jumping rowing and running.

V.I.P.

I dont know much about this cross fit thing. However Im gonna use this opertunity to voice my opinion on this type of training. Please correct me if Im wrong. In the town I live we have some people who run arobics, boot camp, etc. classes. You pay a monthly fee and get a work out thats based on circuit training with lots of cardio elements worked in to it. If your final goal is to be a body builder or power lifter it doesnt match up very well at all. From what I have seen its a set of classes for people who are to lazy to spend the time to find out how to set up their own exercise program. (mostly Desk Jockies) Yes some people can set up a program on their own and some need a trainer. This group of people wind up looking like someone who is prepareing to run a race, 5K, 10K, marathon. Have you ever seen a body builder or power lifter do that? When I started working out, in 79 or 80, the Natulas system was new, they had just came out with the weight machines and had several gyms that had that and nothing else. That adventure into circuit training was a big waste of my time. After almost 2 years of that I wised up and went to a real gym and left the 24 hour Natulas behind me. Well thats my opinion for what its worth. Again please correct me if Im wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by red crayon View Post
    I dont know much about this cross fit thing. However Im gonna use this opertunity to voice my opinion on this type of training. Please correct me if Im wrong. In the town I live we have some people who run arobics, boot camp, etc. classes. You pay a monthly fee and get a work out thats based on circuit training with lots of cardio elements worked in to it. If your final goal is to be a body builder or power lifter it doesnt match up very well at all. From what I have seen its a set of classes for people who are to lazy to spend the time to find out how to set up their own exercise program. (mostly Desk Jockies) Yes some people can set up a program on their own and some need a trainer. This group of people wind up looking like someone who is prepareing to run a race, 5K, 10K, marathon. Have you ever seen a body builder or power lifter do that? When I started working out, in 79 or 80, the Natulas system was new, they had just came out with the weight machines and had several gyms that had that and nothing else. That adventure into circuit training was a big waste of my time. After almost 2 years of that I wised up and went to a real gym and left the 24 hour Natulas behind me. Well thats my opinion for what its worth. Again please correct me if Im wrong!
    Well kind of. Lots of desk jockeys but they are the same as the new years resolution people in gym....they slowly weed out. From what ive seen from checking it out it all depends on your trainer, box (gym), and what you prefer. Also a lot of them have half ass trainers just trying to join the fad. But I have seen plenty of guys do some pretty impressive lifts. Deadlifts, cleans, snatches, squats, ohp's ect....don't see bench much though. Saw a guy overhead squat 305 and he weighed about 165.

HEAD MC MOD - SUPER VIP - Foundation Member - Leader of The Wolf Pack Motherf@#$%ers! ordawg1's Avatar

Oh-I agree-I LOVE this training-and most of my workouts are now for hiking-rafting- cycling etc.But-my roots and body type are straight up BB !! I have huge arms- delts -wheels etc -and I can look at a weight and grow.I "try" to be more like these crossfit-sealfit cardio ppl and so I am kind of an old ripped BIG GUY !! LOL.I have a ton of respect for these dedicated ppl-triathletes-cyclists and such.I figure if my workout and diet is much like a cardio freak-my body is at east up to the task and I am NOT just BIG.If you are trying to get BIG-use it sparingly.Nowadays -there is something for EVERYBODY and I respect it all-Luck-OD

Crossfit.... cough cough cough.... now that I got that nasty word out of my mouth here's what I would do. I'd go in there and do GPP work 3x week.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

I've done both, heavy training years ago when I was young (ahhhh, to be 25 again) and some crossfit now...

IMO they don't mix....

~EZ