Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Gyms

Home Gyms

Anyone else here lifting at home? My gym equipment had been in storage for almost 7 months while I moved my family across the country and waited for our house to get built. Everything is set back up now except for some mirrors and posters/pictures I have to hang. Hung some slatwall to organize attachments, etc. works great!!

Main equipment is a PowerTec power rack, PowerBlocks (90lb set currently but adding on to it shortly), TDS Lat Tower, Body Solid Functional Trainer, assortment of bars/attachments, adjustable bench, preacher curl, incline trainer. Everything is on horse stall mats. They work friggin awesome for your gym floor!

What type of equipment does everyone else have at home?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362194362.377065.jpg
    Mattingly is a fictitious role-playing character. Kind of like Dungeons & Dragons...but for really big, cool people! Not only does Mattingly not take AAS, I doubt he could spell AAS.

V.I.P.
    Yo bro I really want to set up my own home gym I'm glad I posted cause maybe u can help. My 24 hour pass expires in may it some shiy and honestly I can't stand that place. There's a frock if line for every thing. I'm thinking get a rack so I can bench and squat maye a full rack of dumbells. I'm just bummed cause I use a lot of hammer strength machines and I knownicant by them. Also I really want a steam room as this one of he main reasons uneven go to 24.... Any advice I would appreciate I'm haw some money ready to
    Go buy I'm by trying to go over a grand and get crazy. What do u guys think? I'm thinking it might even b worth it to get a nice bench and do cray days at home because waiting to bench is fucking ridiculous.... Especially when your necking three times as much as the guy and gs taking like ten minute rests I seriously want to take him outside
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

V.I.P.
    Fuck sorry guys I know that's hard to read I just tried but i started drinkig and well it is what it is
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

V.I.P.
    Matt sorry for the dumb questions but about how much did j out into it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Home Gyms

LOL Vish! Not a dumb question at all. Very pricey if I add it now after the fact. But, I just prioritized and bought the most important things in order. Adjustable bench and dumbbells first. I highly recommend PowerBlocks for a home gym, they take up hardly any space. Power rack was key and really should have been first purchase plus obviously olympic bar and plates. The lat tower and functional trainer with selectorized weight stacks are more luxury items I saved for and added recently. They just allow for a massive selection of movements and diversity. Plus the wife now works out with me but funny thing is she prefers working in the power rack. Who knew?!
    Mattingly is a fictitious role-playing character. Kind of like Dungeons & Dragons...but for really big, cool people! Not only does Mattingly not take AAS, I doubt he could spell AAS.

V.I.P.
    Thanks Matt goin to seriously start looking at equipment
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Let me know bro, glad to help any way I can. I spent a ton of time researching and shopping around.

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattingly View Post
    Anyone else here lifting at home? My gym equipment had been in storage for almost 7 months while I moved my family across the country and waited for our house to get built. Everything is set back up now except for some mirrors and posters/pictures I have to hang. Hung some slatwall to organize attachments, etc. works great!!

Main equipment is a PowerTec power rack, PowerBlocks (90lb set currently but adding on to it shortly), TDS Lat Tower, Body Solid Functional Trainer, assortment of bars/attachments, adjustable bench, preacher curl, incline trainer. Everything is on horse stall mats. They work friggin awesome for your gym floor!

What type of equipment does everyone else have at home?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362194362.377065.jpg
    Wow...nice Matty! I have a universal gym, bench press with Olympic weights, dumbells, different plates, tractor tires, heavy bags...just if I get bored. I do all the rest of my lifting at 2 different gyms.
    Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! (Philippians 4:13)

MuscleAddiction is a fictitious role-playing character! All information discussed is for entertainment purposes only!

Nice MA! I was going to add a gym membership initially but my home gym has really turned out better than I even had originally planned. Dont know if I could ever go back to a commercial gym now other than to maybe mix it up every now and then down the road.

V.I.P.
    Can I ask u guys what u are roughly on the home gym? Also I've made this post before I'd love to jar my own steam room if anyone had any ideas on the best way to do that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]