Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Home Gyms

V.I.P.
    Have not jar sorry guys
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Home Gyms

I workout at home. My set-up is small and simple but works for me. I have a pull-up/dip station, Pendlay Bumper Plates and Bushing Bar, Rogue Squat Stands, Powerblock DB's, EZ Curl Bar, and a Bench.

Nice Ecto. I was looking at some of the Rogue equipment last night. Are you setup in basement or garage?
    Mattingly is a fictitious role-playing character. Kind of like Dungeons & Dragons...but for really big, cool people! Not only does Mattingly not take AAS, I doubt he could spell AAS.

A home gym isn't a feasible option for me. All the equipment I need is very costly.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

I hear that SS, not to mention the space requirements can be a challenge. Definitely not for everyone or every situation. I never considered working out from home until I got married and we had a baby. It is just so much easier to head out to the garage and get my workout in after tucking the baby in. I just don't miss workouts any more which is key for me, just being consistent.
    Mattingly is a fictitious role-playing character. Kind of like Dungeons & Dragons...but for really big, cool people! Not only does Mattingly not take AAS, I doubt he could spell AAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattingly View Post
    Nice Ecto. I was looking at some of the Rogue equipment last night. Are you setup in basement or garage?

Well it used to be my garage, but we closed it in and put a false wall in front of garage door w/ insulation. I love the stuff at Rogue, it's very heavy duty, their squat stands kick ass. I wish I had room for a GHR.

Dam dude thats some super nice equipment there.
    My home workout area is on the cheap....
    Squat Rack
    500 Lb oly set
    Reg size plates (200 Lbs) with extra long dbl bars
    Pull/Chin up bar
    Steele saw horses, very handy when you dont have a spotter
    Adjustable bench with leg curl attachment
    Recumbent bike
    Treadmill
    Assoreted Jump Stretch bands up to 300 Lbs
    Just bought 2 packs of the Golds Gym interlocking weight room mats and love em. Very good quality and appear that they are gonna last.
    And 2 sets of wrist straps
    Thats it
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Nice Zed! Are you exclusively lifting at home or do you have a gym membership as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattingly View Post
    I hear that SS, not to mention the space requirements can be a challenge. Definitely not for everyone or every situation. I never considered working out from home until I got married and we had a baby. It is just so much easier to head out to the garage and get my workout in after tucking the baby in. I just don't miss workouts any more which is key for me, just being consistent.
    I would consider it if I could have a building to house it all (like a 2 car garage) and could put together a consistent team to train with. I'd need a monolift, squat cage, comp bench, platform, DB's and plates, and than I'd need a 45lbs & 55lbs squat bar, DL bar, bench bar, safety squat bar, cambered bar, and a few other things like bands and chains.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

I have a home gym and I love it. I got all my equipment off Craigslist, the 2 half racks and 2 benches (one isn't visible), lat pull down with lower pulley, 600# in plates, 2 O bars, Ez curl bar and rubber flooring was like 250 if I remember rite i bought it from a high school that was upgrading equipment. Not shown is the picture is a power tower I traded my old iPhone 3G for. it looks like a cluster fuck in the picture lol but I had been doing drop sets and didn't pick up my plates that night. Also I'm moving all that equipment to my parents garage cuz its bigger and Ive been staying at their house since mine got robbed. Unfortunately my house is to far to drive out to in order to train so it's been a minute since I last trained and it sucks.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362327996.206072.jpg