Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Home Gyms

Re: Home Gyms

Quote Originally Posted by NitroTech View Post
    Here's pics of my home setup. Real pain carrying those weight stacks down the stairs.

Attachment 1070Attachment 1071Attachment 1072
    nice. old school universal shit. same set up we had in high school. home of the 200lb bench club. lol

Yea, I bet that universal is 30 years or more old! It does the job but I'd still like a rack and free weights, but then I'd take over the entire basement. Doubt that would go over.

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk01 View Post
    nice. old school universal shit. same set up we had in high school. home of the 200lb bench club. lol

Just ordered a trap bar and curl bar that fits in my power rack (84"). Yep, a 7' olympic curl bar. The ever evolving home gym! The only thing I hate about ordering new equipment is having to wait for it!!
    Mattingly is a fictitious role-playing character. Kind of like Dungeons & Dragons...but for really big, cool people! Not only does Mattingly not take AAS, I doubt he could spell AAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious 13 View Post
    Yo bro I really want to set up my own home gym I'm glad I posted cause maybe u can help. My 24 hour pass expires in may it some shiy and honestly I can't stand that place. There's a frock if line for every thing. I'm thinking get a rack so I can bench and squat maye a full rack of dumbells. I'm just bummed cause I use a lot of hammer strength machines and I knownicant by them. Also I really want a steam room as this one of he main reasons uneven go to 24.... Any advice I would appreciate I'm haw some money ready to
    Go buy I'm by trying to go over a grand and get crazy. What do u guys think? I'm thinking it might even b worth it to get a nice bench and do cray days at home because waiting to bench is fucking ridiculous.... Especially when your necking three times as much as the guy and gs taking like ten minute rests I seriously want to take him outside
    I'm torn as well. Its cheaper to do a home gym, but like you said the regular gyms have extra things like the steam rooms (and bball court in my case). I also find that if I do a workout at home sometimes I cut it short but if I'm at the gym I feel obligated to do the full planned workout, but that might be just me. Is there some place else you can get the steam room? I say this because the ski resort I have a pass at let you use the sports facility which has all that stuff. Maybe a tanning salon or something? But at that point it becomes more than its worth as its so easy to step in a steam room before or after a workout but to drive somewhere just to steam room seems not quite worth it. After this typing I think I'm more unsure. Anyone make a steam room at home?

I knew a guy on another site that did. I believe that there are kits for them. Google it and see.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Ordered a trap bar and a 7' Olympic curl bar that fits in my power rack. Should be here next week. Being able to shrug, deadlift, squat, and even do rows with the trap bar just adds to my options every night and allows me to really mix up the workouts.

With the giant curl bar I am excited to close grip bench with the different hand wrist angles. Will also be nice for skull crushers and of course curls and being able to use the safety bars and j hooks of my power rack versus pulling out the TDS stands all the time to use with the standard length curl bar. In this case it is approved to curl in the rack baby!!
    Mattingly is a fictitious role-playing character. Kind of like Dungeons & Dragons...but for really big, cool people! Not only does Mattingly not take AAS, I doubt he could spell AAS.

Wish i had about 5000$ to spend at Rogue Fitness. I would love to have a decked out home gym.

I put my gym together 11 years ago. Its 90 percent Body Solid. Not pictured is a Stair stepper and a bike.

20130309_192136.jpg20130309_192150.jpg20130309_192220.jpg

That's sweet Nitrous! I have some Body Solid equipment as well. Their Functional Trainer is awesome!

I was going to add a gym account originally but my house gym has really converted out better than I even had originally organized. Don't know if I could ever go returning to a professional gym now other than to maybe mix it up every now and then in the future.