Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad News for Me

Bad News for Me

Me and the wife I think are finally moving towards divorce. After 17 years of marriage she just doesn't love me and can't seem to reciprocate the love I give her. We've been to counseling, marriage seminars, you name it, we don't want to hurt our 3 children and I know THEY will suffer the most from this. Tonight I finally broke down and had myself a 6 pack of Guiness beer, it's the first time I have drank in over 3 years. I am not moving out till I get enough money saved up and the split is not a knock down drag out but amiccable. I hope i spelled that right. I like to think of myself as a man of God and wonder why this is happening to me. I feel I have a year long struggle ahead of me, full of loneliness and just being down right distraught and I hope working out will make me feel better, even though that too may suffer and become sporadic. I know God says he will never give me more than I can handle, it will be rough at first, I will miss my kids the most. I rambling on, but needed a friend to talk to tonight as the only buddies I have are right here on this forum. Thanks for listening. I am just glad I have a family here that will listen.....
    Last edited by Ecto; 03-09-2013 at 12:55 AM.

Re: Bad News for Me

That's a shame bro. I hope everything works out for you. Good luck.

damn bro it always sucks to hear things like this. sometimes though it can definately be for the best though. it can change your life and your childrens life for the best. I wouldn't look at it in a bad way, but instead think about it as breaking free from the problem that has plagued you for so long. keep your head up bro when one door closes another always opens.
    "Look forward-never look back and enjoy every sandwich -Go get em-OD ALPHA ZILLA"

Ecto, very sorry to hear brother. The fact that both of you are most concerned about your kids is great to hear. I wish more parents thought kids first. With them as your focus you can get through this as well as possible for all of you!
    Mattingly is a fictitious role-playing character. Kind of like Dungeons & Dragons...but for really big, cool people! Not only does Mattingly not take AAS, I doubt he could spell AAS.

V.I.P.
    I'm very sorry brother... Put your faith in god and stay strong... A couple of beers is ok but please don't get on the wrong path it will make things so much worse. I've been through hell and back myself please feel free to pm me if u want to talk. Sometimes it's nice
    To air things out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Vicious 13 View Post
    I'm very sorry brother... Put your faith in god and stay strong... A couple of beers is ok but please don't get on the wrong path it will make things so much worse. I've been through hell and back myself please feel free to pm me if u want to talk. Sometimes it's nice
    To air things out
    No wrong path for me. I went down that alcohol road long ago. It probably killed all the love in my wife way back when and she just never got it back. We separated 5 years ago for 2 months because she was having an online affair with her old fiance from high school, he was her first love, but he is married, and things didn't pan out online, so she wanted me back, but it's been too late, she just doesn't love me. We're friends but I can't keep living with a roomate. This has been a long time coming and we have tried everything, I just finally had to face it, man up, and make the decision, as bad as it is tearing me apart. I'm 42 and wasn't really looking to spend the rest of my life alone. Anywho thanks for all the advice and uplifting words.

Sometimes it's just over . You gotta know when. I hate being alone so I hung on to my last marriage way too long. Good luck bro!

I'm sorry to hear this but like Fit said you have to know when to walk away.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

I feel for you ecto....I would not wish divorce on my worst enemy....I can't imagine what it's like....pm me if you need to and know myself and the community is here for whatever we can do for you....take care of yourself and your kids and I promise things will get better for you

Damn bro I'm so sorry. I don't know how divorce feels but I split up with my baby momma we were together for almost 9 years and it sucked but it gets better brother just hang in there. If you need anything my pm box is always open.