Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To wrap or not to wrap....

Sister thanks for the tip about pull the slack from behind the knee. I was doing this wrong and couldn't figure out why some days they hurt and others they didn't lol.

Do u prefer to start at the top and wrap down or vice versa? Finish inside or outside?
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Re: To wrap or not to wrap....

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    Sister thanks for the tip about pull the slack from behind the knee. I was doing this wrong and couldn't figure out why some days they hurt and others they didn't lol.

Do u prefer to start at the top and wrap down or vice versa? Finish inside or outside?
    A lot of people make that mistake... pulling the wrap down over the knee which is the #1 way to cause A LOT of pain and could potentially cause your knee to track improperly leading to an injury.

I actually start from the top and work my down and than back up. I usually have the wrap finish on the front but that's just my preference. You can have it finish on the side (inside or outside). If it's hard for you to bend over with everything on you'll want to start at the bottom and wrap up. I find this to be the case with more geared lifters. I'm a raw lifter and starting at the top is easy for me so that's where I start my wrap.

One more thing I want to note and it's VERY important. If you wrap outside make sure you wrap BOTH knees outward. If you wrap inward make sure you wrap both inward. I have seen a lot of people in the past wrap one inward and one outward. That's a recipe for an injury.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Solid advise as always! Really was baffled as to why some days being my knees killed other days the wraps felt fine lol.
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironguruera View Post
    Solid advise as always! Really was baffled as to why some days being my knees killed other days the wraps felt fine lol.
    Just trying to keep everyone safe when they're squatting.

Something else for everyone to consider... if you're squatting and you don't have a spotter you should buy these:

http://www.liftinglarge.com/Spud-Suspension-Straps

I realize that they are $90 but they have saved my ass more than once when I squatted without anyone there to spot me. They work better than pins because you can set it exactly to catch it if you fail and you can get out from under the bar so it doesn't crash on you.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    That's exactly what I do normally interestingly enough.
    I think this is a sign SisterSteel. Lol jk