Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Starting All Over

Re: Starting All Over

Get it goin ECTO! This gettin old shit ain't for you! Glad to hear the work sched is getting workout.

Quote Originally Posted by darksidefitness View Post
    Are you sure that the pain is in your knees and not estrogen trying to take over? Just checking... In a serious note and like zedhed said...front squats can help you brother. There is a website that sell a front squat harness. It's very strong, cheap and you can add some extra pounds without pain in your wrist or front chest.
    you can use lifting straps so there's not so much strain on your wrists. just attach the straps to the bar where your hands wold normally go, now wrap your hands in them use that to stabilize the bar rather than your hands with your wrists bent all the way back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecto View Post
    Well since I ain't been to the gym in over a month, because of my new job schedule, i am going to be starting back in the next coming week(s). I think I really need to just focus on strength for a solid 6 months to a year and not worry so much about the hypertrophy aspect of it all. Even though i been liftin for years now, my muscles are still noobie, according to the numbers I'm putting up on Bench, Squat, and Deadlift. I think I will just start with something basic as hell, like Rippetoe's Starting Strength.
    I'm in the same boat brother. I spent 5 weeks in the hospital with autoimmune pancreatitis and lost over 60 lbs and lost about 100 lbs off all my lifts! It sucks. Now they've got me on corticosteroids for a total of nine f***ing weeks, ughhh. So I can't compete in powerlifting or strongman this year. It's rough. But I'm doing the opposite of you. I can't risk taxing my CNS so I'm doing a bodybuilding type routine. So I'm focusing on hypertrophy and know that the strength will come back with the size. With the help of Drol, Test and Deca of course...

Quote Originally Posted by donjob View Post
    you can use lifting straps so there's not so much strain on your wrists. just attach the straps to the bar where your hands wold normally go, now wrap your hands in them use that to stabilize the bar rather than your hands with your wrists bent all the way back.
    Yup this is exactly how I do em. Way easier on the wrists.

Stick to the basics; you'll be back in no time. Rips program is great.

Focusing on compound lifts will build your base and increase strength.

A month off if nothing. Muscle memory is amazing. I took 5 whole years off one time( first ever and last since) just have up bodybuilding to raise a family . Thought that would never happen in a million years. Hadn't missed a workout since I was 15. After starting back training I was back on stage in 6 months and winning the first show I competed in. My coworkers were floored. Most had known I used to workout but I went from a normal looking guy back to stage ready in 6 months.just start light weights and few sets so you won't be crippled by soreness then I gaurentee you'll be back where u were in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by SPECIALFORCE View Post
    Focusing on compound lifts will build your base and increase strength.
    Sometime time off is good and a month ain't bad....oh and what specialforce says....compound movements are all you need IMO well until your able to move big wights anyway

How you doing here guy, what up?

Everything is going great!!!! I have added 10 lbs to my Bench in 2 weeks, so the Superdrol must be kicking in. I've put on about 5 lbs of weight in 3 weeks. Looking much thicker through my Traps and upper chest. Got about 2 weeks more till Test starts doing it's magic.