Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lifting Belt, Do you use one and how?

V.I.P.

Lifting Belt, Do you use one and how?

I use a lifting belt. Its just a generic lifting belt. It has the DP logo on it and is a 4 inch tall one quarter inch thick belt, solid one piece of leather, that I bought about 1980. I have put my initials on the outside of it with black leather dye. I clean it about every six months or as needed with saddle soap and mink oil. I always wear it but it isnt always kept tight. It has served me well. I plan to keep on useing it but want to get another belt (a lever operated one) for squating and dead lifting. If all goes well I will soon be going past the two times my body weight limit that I set for myself. Thats where I start adding more safty devices, Knee wraps and such.

I was wanting some Ideas on what everyone else uses before I purchase another one.

V.I.P.
    I wear a belt sometimes when u squat but prefer not to. Now that my squats are getting where they used to b I want to wrap my knees
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You know I very welcome use a belt....mabey if I'm gonna squat over 405...but I feel it takes to much from your core and is very uncomfortable for me....if something doesn't feel right to me I don't do it...that's how injuries happen

I use a belt on deads and squats when I get over 315.It is something I have always done.

Re: Lifting Belt, Do you use one and how?

I wear a belt on deadlifts and squats when I get over 85% of my 1RM. I wear a single prong 10mm powerlifting belt. Wearing a belt isn't cheating like some would believe... it keeps you safer and in this game safety is MOST important. We put ourselves at risk every time we put hundreds of pounds on our back or on the floor so we need to take every precautionary measure to keep us safe so we can keep doing this.

One of my training partners wears a lever belt and he likes it. I think they are good as long as you're a raw lifter. If you wear equipment like briefs, suit, etc you should wear a prong belt.

I also wear wraps like most of you know and for that I also break them out around the 85% mark.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

I have a weak lower back and it defiantly tightens up and bothers me if I don't use a belt.

I have a monsta lever action power lifting belt I use for overhead press, shoulders, T bar rows, squats.

I have some fabric shiek ones. They are comfy and don't pinch but they don't come close to the support my monsta belt does! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364759799.675022.jpg
    Blah blah blah Latina's ass...blah blah blah!

Wearing a belt is a must when you began lifting heavy weight for sure. Having a bulging disk not wearing one is not an option.
    When I die I want to be called a friend or family member by everyone I came into contact with!!!

I used to have the MONSTA lever belt but I ended up getting a pinched nerve in my lower back and when I would put the belt on and squat it would really irritate that pinched nerve, so I didn't use the belt and now I have grown accustomed to not using it.

V.I.P.

Like I said I always wear My belt but its usually not tightened up, I can easily move it around. Its kinda like wearing a hat. Its there but it doesnt do anything like that. When the weight gets heavy I will cinch it up and get busy.

I like to lift weights but my day job pays the bills so I have to be on the safe side while lifting. I wear my safety equipment at work too. Im an Industrial Electrician.

Super Moderator - Gate Keeper - Foundation Member MuscleAddiction's Avatar

Heavy squats and dedz, and I use just a powerlifting two prong belt.