Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 or 4 days a week workout routine

Re: 3 or 4 days a week workout routine

I think I'm gonna go with this routine and see how it goes.

Mon: chest/tri
    Tues: cardio
    Wed: legs
    Thurs: cardio
    Fri: back/biceps
    Sat:shoulders
    Sun:rest

How's that look? I might rest some Thursday and do cardio hard after legs...? Depending how I feel. I notice I don't get as sore after leg day if I do a serious cardio following workout

Here's what I have all my clients do. Each body part is worked once a week except on Fridays the starting body parts get worked twice. Example::
    Mon- chest and tris
    Tues-back and bi's
    We'd-legs
    Third-shoulders and calves
    Friday- chest and tri's

Then Monday would be Back and bi's
    Tues-legs
    And so forth. This is a great way of not over training. I've done this for years

im going to give that i try fit. I've been stuck in a plateau thanx bro

Quote Originally Posted by Fit Guru View Post
    Here's what I have all my clients do. Each body part is worked once a week except on Fridays the starting body parts get worked twice. Example::
    Mon- chest and tris
    Tues-back and bi's
    We'd-legs
    Third-shoulders and calves
    Friday- chest and tri's

Then Monday would be Back and bi's
    Tues-legs
    And so forth. This is a great way of not over training. I've done this for years
    Fit that's got my interest brother! I think I might have to try that, depending on whether or not I can make the gym that often throughout the week. Thnx for input tho.. I like it

Quote Originally Posted by Ebo10 View Post
    I think I'm gonna go with this routine and see how it goes.

Mon: chest/tri
    Tues: cardio
    Wed: legs
    Thurs: cardio
    Fri: back/biceps
    Sat:shoulders
    Sun:rest

How's that look? I might rest some Thursday and do cardio hard after legs...? Depending how I feel. I notice I don't get as sore after leg day if I do a serious cardio following workout
    One day in between back and legs isn't much especially if you're planning on deadlifting and squatting.

You'll want to stick with compound movements to burn Kcal while lifting and get your metabolism firing.

And don't forget about your diet. That's the biggest piece of the puzzle you're trying to put together.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

V.I.P.

Like Sister Steel said Your Diet is very Important. That doesnt mean you have to live on rice and fish just eat clean as much as possible. Most people who eat clean try and eat food that hasnt been processed. Or has been processed as little as possible. A good example is an apple. An Apple hasnt been processed but apple sauce has. Also try to stay away from fried foods bake them or microwave them instead. Sugar! In my opinion sugar can kill you so avoid sugar, sucrose or almost anything on the products list of ingridents that ends with . . .ose. it plays hell with your horemone levels and puts your body in a fat storage mode. Yes that includes diet soda!
    There are certain times when almost any food will help you reach your goals but to begin with just eat clean, avoid fried foods and sugar.

Ok so... is anyone else thinking what I am thinking? DIET! Recomp is 70% food/diet, 30% aerobic and anaerobics. Get your food straight first and cardio. Fuck trying to find a "good lifting routine" to drop the weight. Its imperative you do lift for ana ssprtment of reasons but your goal is to drop the 30 pounds. You can proceed to clean bulk after, not adding 30 pounds of garbage. :-) People bulk and cut all the time and have 0 clue about how to do this properly.

Ok, down from my pedestal.

And up again, lol. I am a natty BB. I increase near 25+ pounds in the off season and drop about 15 of it when I cut (yes putting on 10+ a year, about .75 pounds a month of muscle all said and done). It's easy as fuck to cut the fat off when you know what your doing/you know you body and macro fit. Find what works for you. I drop it in about 10 weeks give or take a few. Usually less.

My 10 cents. :-)

Imagine using some AAS with the knowledge of what your body wants and needs...

>> BigBones
    Last edited by BigBones; 04-02-2013 at 09:20 PM.

Lol I clearly missed Sisters and Red Crayons posts. Glad we drilled that one home. ;-)

I do:
    Mon - chest/bi
    tues - legs
    wed - back
    thur - shoulders/tri
    fri - full body

Quote Originally Posted by BigBones View Post
    Ok so... is anyone else thinking what I am thinking? DIET! Recomp is 70% food/diet, 30% aerobic and anaerobics. Get your food straight first and cardio. Fuck trying to find a "good lifting routine" to drop the weight. Its imperative you do lift for ana ssprtment of reasons but your goal is to drop the 30 pounds. You can proceed to clean bulk after, not adding 30 pounds of garbage. :-) People bulk and cut all the time and have 0 clue about how to do this properly.

Ok, down from my pedestal.

And up again, lol. I am a natty BB. I increase near 25+ pounds in the off season and drop about 15 of it when I cut (yes putting on 10+ a year, about .75 pounds a month of muscle all said and done). It's easy as fuck to cut the fat off when you know what your doing/you know you body and macro fit. Find what works for you. I drop it in about 10 weeks give or take a few. Usually less.

My 10 cents. :-)

Imagine using some AAS with the knowledge of what your body wants and needs...

>> BigBones
    Hey BB was that a scolding or harsh criticism? Lol.. I'm pretty good on my diet bro I'm just switching from a six day a week to 3or4 weight lifting days. Just curious what works for other people so I can incorporate some ideas into my new schedule. Good lookin out tho I know who to MSG if I need to be put in check sometime.