Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: come back... 3 days a week...

Re: come back... 3 days a week...

Quote Originally Posted by xdude View Post
    hmmm pain is not really an issue any more unless I pulling and/or have the wrist in the wrong position .. I don't think it would be good to dull the pain while working out ...also the pain is a reminder that I got to watch the angles and rest the wrist ...

interesting .. today i was doing some pull downs ( higher reps , lower weight ) and surprise surprise it didn't bother me ..
    do some Hammer strength pull overs. ( no wrist action , brand new to my gym awesome for hitting the lats ). another machine that does something similar to a cable pull but with large grips and you cangrab at different angles..did some preacher curls low weight really slow to make sure the wrist stress was minimal ... and the thing that bothered me the most .. the elliptical machine for aerobics at the end ..the place where you grip the pulse sensor is just the wrong angle .... go figure
    No you don't want to dull the pain before a workout..I was speaking of afterwards, I know my shoulder can get sore after chest/shoulder day, and sometime when working biceps. I find 800 mg Ibuprofen really knocks it out, so I can sleep better. Alot of hard core guys have torn muscles because the use recs (pain killers) before workouts....I must confess I experimented with Nubain pre- workout back in the day when it was really popular...glad I'm away from that now.

Re: come back... 3 days a week...

Quote Originally Posted by kazman68 View Post
    No you don't want to dull the pain before a workout..I was speaking of afterwards, I know my shoulder can get sore after chest/shoulder day, and sometime when working biceps. I find 800 mg Ibuprofen really knocks it out, so I can sleep better. Alot of hard core guys have torn muscles because the use recs (pain killers) before workouts....I must confess I experimented with Nubain pre- workout back in the day when it was really popular...glad I'm away from that now.
    oh I knew someone that did Ibuprofen before working out as "pre-emptive strike" I always thought this was a bad Idea..
    guy was freaky strong but in the end he did damage...that is permanent
    his back is bad..
    I also heard from a friend that knew Paul Demayo after getting out of jail was addicted to pain killers cause of all the damage he did ..