Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does your gym allow chalk???

Does your gym allow chalk???

I am wondering how anyone could train without the use of chalk especially if they don't use wraps. I sweat (yes, I sweat. lol) and without the chalk my grip would fail and I don't use wraps.

Back in the day when I used to train at another gym I would use chalk and the staff would bitch and moan telling me that I was making a mess and this is not professional to use chalk. My solution was to get a chalk bag (from a climbing store) and use that so the mess was minimal.

So who else here uses chalk and does your gym allow it? If they don't do you abide by that rule or do you find a way around it?
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

Re: Does your gym allow chalk???

10 years ago yes we had a PL club and the gym endorsed us......the girl running the place left and so did the chalk stands

No chalk allowed....but I use it carefully from time to time

Quote Originally Posted by Elbutcho View Post
    10 years ago yes we had a PL club and the gym endorsed us......the girl running the place left and so did the chalk stands
    That sucks ass. See how great things are when a woman is running things, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by babablacksheep View Post
    No chalk allowed....but I use it carefully from time to time
    NICE. You can always use liquid chalk if you need to use it more often. It's not messy and so it's easy to use.
    DISCLAIMER: "SisterSteel" is a fictitious character with the sole purpose to entertain. Any information/advice given out, stated, or implied is for entertainment only and should not be considered the advocation of any illegal activity.

My gym strongly encourages chalk. Of course, it is my home gym in my garage. ;-) it gets very warm in there some nights and I absolutely have to use the chalk.
    Mattingly is a fictitious role-playing character. Kind of like Dungeons & Dragons...but for really big, cool people! Not only does Mattingly not take AAS, I doubt he could spell AAS.

One does one doesn't. I just deadlift at the one that does.

Its totally pathetic that gyms with weights dont allow the use of chalk. Maybe there be the threat of a lawsuit from an injury involving a heavy ass bar of weights that slipped cuz of no chalk....nah thats not politically correct now is it...
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Mattingly View Post
    My gym strongly encourages chalk.............
    Nice. That's what a lot of strength athletes do. They get together, pool their money, and buy the equipment they need so they don't have to put up with bullshit rules.

Quote Originally Posted by SisterSteel View Post
    Nice. That's what a lot of strength athletes do. They get together, pool their money, and buy the equipment they need so they don't have to put up with bullshit rules.
    I wish I could use chalk, but I've just learned to use the hook grip, which works pretty good, once you get it down.

Try a rosin bag like pitchers use in baseball! You don't have to bounce the shit out of it and get it everywhere to get the job done.